Job Title: HTST Operator
Reports To: Cheese side Manager
Location: Jerome Cheese Company
FLSA Status: Full Time Non Exempt
Essential Functions include the following
· Pasteurize, standardize, and condense milk in preparation for use in cheese production.
· Follow startup procedure of equipment.
· Monitoring raw milk flow into balance tank, through pasteurizing heaters, through separators to separate cream from the milk, to evaporators for condensing and then ultimately to horizontal cheese vats for use in cheese production.
· Regulating factors such as milk solids, cream fats, and temperature and making adjustments depending on the type of cheese to be produced.
· Taking frequent readings and logging upwards of twenty variables.
· Operating Clean In Place (CIP) cycles.
· Troubleshooting and maintenance of machinery.
· Cleaning and sanitation of all parts of HTST department including walls, floors, and equipment.
· Assisting all other coworkers with tasks and duties within the department.
Secondary Functions include the following:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail and multitask effectively.
- Computer literate.
- Able to instantly recognize when factors are outside acceptable parameters.
- Ability to understand interaction between computer and machinery and to troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Able to properly document information legibly onto log sheets.
- Understand all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understand and obey all Good Manufacturing Practice.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Requires the ability to communicate and document work.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
· Track and maintain information on a database.
· Be able to move up and down stairs and up and down trucks.
· Frequently move up to 50 pounds for 12 hour shifts.
· Ability to work with chemicals.
· Able to move above about a manufacturing environment most of the shift.
· Be able to work at floor level, waist level, and shoulder level repetitively.
· Be able to work the shift assigned and fill in other shifts as needed.
· Be able to work weekends (including Saturday and Sunday) and off shifts if needed or assigned.
1. Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
2. Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
3. Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
We are an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer