Idaho Business Registration System and Permit/Account Applications
This system will assist business owners to register with the Idaho Department of Labor
, the Idaho State Tax Commission
You may apply for the following:
- Sales or use tax
- Income tax withholding
- Unemployment tax
- Boise Auditorium District tax
- Travel and convention tax
You will also be notifying the Idaho Industrial Commission of your business.
You can also:
- Add a new tax type to the permits you currently have
- Add or remove partners, shareholders, or managing members
- Change your legal business name, if the IRS has not required you to get a new EIN
- Change your assumed business name, if you have already changed it with the Secretary of State
- Add or change a business location
Please complete steps 1 - 3 before applying for permits and accounts.
|Certain types of businesses may be required to register with other state and local agencies as well. You may wish to visit http://www.idahobizhelp.org for additional information.|
|Before applying for permits and accounts in Idaho, the owner should register the business with the Idaho Secretary of State. For more information, please call 208-334-2301 or visit their website at: http://sos.idaho.gov/.|
|If the business will have employees, the owner must have a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN). The EIN can be obtained by calling 1-800-829-4933 or visiting the federal website at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fss4.pdf.|
After you have completed steps 1 - 3, Click the button below to apply for permits and accounts.