Idaho Business Registration System and Permit/Account Applications

This system will assist business owners to register with the Idaho Department of Labor, the Idaho State Tax Commission.

You may apply for the following:

  • Sales or use tax
  • Income tax withholding
  • Unemployment tax
  • Boise Auditorium District tax
  • Travel and convention tax

You will also be notifying the Idaho Industrial Commission of your business.

You can also:

  • Add a new tax type to the permits you currently have
  • Add or remove partners, shareholders, or managing members
  • Change your legal business name, if the IRS has not required you to get a new EIN
  • Change your assumed business name, if you have already changed it with the Secretary of State
  • Add or change a business location

Please complete steps 1 - 3 before applying for permits and accounts.

Step 1:

Certain types of businesses may be required to register with other state and local agencies as well. You may wish to visit http://www.idahobizhelp.org for additional information.

Step 2:

Before applying for permits and accounts in Idaho, the owner should register the business with the Idaho Secretary of State. For more information, please call 208-334-2301 or visit their website at: http://sos.idaho.gov/.

Step 3:

If the business will have employees, the owner must have a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN). The EIN can be obtained by calling 1-800-829-4933 or visiting the federal website at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fss4.pdf.

Step 4:

After you have completed steps 1 - 3, Click the button below to apply for permits and accounts.