Apprenticeships For Job Seekers
Idaho has partnered with the U.S. Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship system to manage all of its apprenticeship programs.
What is Registered Apprenticeship?
Registered Apprenticeship is a highly flexible training and workforce development model that combines on-the-job learning, related instruction and paid work experience. Apprenticeship will prepare and train our work force to meet industry demands and deliver on the promise to hire Idahoans first!
The construction industry is just one component of apprenticeable industries that also includes advanced manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, information technology and geospatial technology. Unlike a four-year degree program at a university where you pay, apprenticeship pays you while you train for well-paying jobs with promising futures.
- Is one of the oldest and most portable industry credentials, which makes you eligible to work anywhere you can land a job for which you qualify
- Offers wage progression on an increasing scale
- Provides on-the-job learning industry driven skills that make you more competitive in the labor market
- Provides an opportunity to convert completed registered apprenticeship training into college credit and degrees at participating colleges and other postsecondary institutions
- Offers training and certifications that meet industry standards
How do apprenticeships work?
» Visit the Idaho Career Information System's apprenticeship information
Research and contact Registered Apprenticeship sponsors in Idaho and other states.
Registered Apprenticeship has lists of available apprenticeships by state and provide employer contact information.
Please Note: Sponsors/employers who are listed with Registered Apprenticeship may or may not be accepting applications for apprenticeship or employment. Program sponsors/employers determine individually when they will take applications.
Some programs may have basic qualifications including high school diploma or GED, math assessment, reading and writing comprehension, as well as drug testing.
» Research Registered Apprenticeship sponsors (PDF) | (Excel)