Workforce Development Training Fund
The Workforce Development Training Fund − WDTF − can reimburse employee training costs to eligible companies that are bringing jobs to Idaho, adding jobs through expansion and/or retraining existing workers with skills necessary for specific economic opportunities and industrial expansion initiatives; to provide innovative training solutions to meet industry specific workforce needs or local workforce challenges. The fund is financed by employers through an offset to the unemployment insurance tax.
- Your company produces a product or service that is mainly sold (more than 50 percent) outside the region where the business is located OR the company is in the health care industry
- The starting wage is $12 an hour or more for the new positions being created OR positions being retained
- The company provides employer assisted medical benefits
- The company is increasing its current workforce AND/OR retraining existing workers with skills necessary for specific economic opportunities and industrial expansion initiatives.
- Workforce Development Training Fund Guidelines
How to apply
Applications and instructions are available for each training situation. The process is designed for a timely response. Once a completed application is submitted a draft contract will be put together for review by the company. Please contact your regional business specialist to assist you completing the application.
Download the employer grant application
Find answers to frequently asked questions here. You may also contact your regional business specialist for help.