Unemployment Insurance

Phone: (208) 332-3572

Toll-free: (800) 621-4938

Fax: (208) 334-6440


Listen in English

Escucha en Español

Employer Appeal Concerns

Can a third party represent the employer at an appeals hearing?

  • Yes, if a business contracts with a third-party company to handle unemployment claims.
  • If a claimant is found ineligible and has already been paid benefits, is my account chargeable for these benefits?

  • No, not if you have an experience-rated account and are the major-base employer.
  • If you are a cost-reimbursement employer, you will receive credit only when the claimant has repaid the overpaid benefits to the Idaho Department of Labor.

How can I appeal benefits charged against the business account?

  • In order for a major-base employer to seek relief of chargeability to their experience-rated account, the employer will need to appeal the claimant’s personal eligibility (eligibility determination).
  • If no determination on the claimant’s personal eligibility has been made but a chargeable determination was mailed, then an appeal will need to be filed within the 14 days to appeal the chargeable determination.

Return to unemployment insurance appeals FAQ


Adjusting Text Size

Use your web browser to control the text size of our website. See below for where to find these controls.

Google Chrome:


Internet Explorer 6:

Internet Explorer 7+:

Mozilla Firefox:

Mozilla Firefox 2:

See instructions for other web browsers.