The Department of Administration is dedicated to providing responsive, cost effective and timely support services to Idaho's policy makers, public agencies and state employees as they serve Idaho's citizens.
This permanent classified position also includes a comprehensive benefit package including: PERSI Retirement Benefits, Medical/Dental Benefits and Life Insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents. Paid time off includes vacation and sick leave that begin accruing immediately upon hire and Holiday pay.
This position is with the Department of Administration, Division of Purchasing. The Division has ultimate responsibility for hundreds of competitive solicitations each year and administers approximately 1000 contracts at any given time. The Division is also responsible for implementing a training program for all state employees whose duties include purchasing on behalf of the state or performing action such as inspection and acceptance of goods, performance monitoring and contract management.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to pass a fingerprint-based background check.
- Research and assess training needs and establish appropriate goals and objectives
- Develop a statewide training program for the Division of Purchasing, including internal and external training
- Determine requirements for a state certification program for purchasing personnel
- Develop appropriate training materials using a variety of delivery methods with input from Division subject matter experts
- Identify and coordinate external trainings to supplement internal course development
- Assess the Division's overall training goals and objectives and analyze participant feedback
- Develop individual training plans and coordinate scheduling of training sessions
Minimum Qualifications (required for this position):
- Good knowledge of training theory
- Experience performing needs assessment
- Experience developing training objectives
- Experience designing and developing coursework and evaluating the training
- Experience presenting training to adult groups in structured learning situations
- Experience conducting training using a variety of training methods
Desirable Qualifications (not required for this position, but including these experiences on your customized resume may increase your overall rating):
- Knowledge of public procurement policies and procedures
- Knowledge of contract management
Examination: Training and Experience. Please respond to the examination questions based on your training and experience related to this position. Scoring will be based on your responses. Applicants must receive a minimum score of 68. You will receive notification of your results online.
To preview the exam, click on the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen.
To Apply: Click on any Apply Online button to the left and follow the instruction provided to complete the Application Checklist and Qualifications for this position.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Department of Administration under "Agencies"
- Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
Failure to make these selections will remove you from consideration for this position.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!