Have a friend or colleague that might be interested in this job? Use our
email a friend feature
to notify them.
Return to Previous Page
Printer Friendly Version
1455 N Orchard
Boise, ID 83706
If you have questions,
Tony Howard at:
Runner and Back-Up Receptionist
Open for Recruitment: March 3, 2017 - March 31, 2017
Announcement # TEMP016831
$10.25 per hour
Idaho Public Television is recruiting for a temporary,
part-time Runner and Back-Up Receptionist in Boise.
Temporary positions may not exceed one thousand three hundred eighty-five (1385) hours of work in any twelve (12) month period for any one department.
This is a temporary, part-time non-benefitted position. The core work schedule is 6 hours per week. Set hours are Thursday and Friday 12:30 to 3:30 (6 hours per week; minus any state holiday on those days).
Extra hours are likely during Festival, our two-week, on-air fundraiser in March.
- Runs errands each work day using agency vehicle
- Primary back-up runner if Monday thru Wednesday runner is sick or taking vacation (sometimes may be a full 8 hours day or up to entire week-with notice unless an emergency)
- Secondary back-up to Receptionist if the Monday through Wednesday runner/back-up receptionist is sick or taking vacation (sometimes may be a full 8 hour day or up to entire week-with notice unless an emergency)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to learn tasks and work with minimal supervision
- Timely and pleasant greeting of in-person visitors and telephone callers
- Current drivers’ license with clean driving record and proof of insurance
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Effective at asking questions to fully understand caller’s need
- Able to respond calmly to upset or confused callers
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of guests and visitors (State and Federal government officials; volunteers; board members; general public)
- Experience preforming light clerical duties
- Experience sorting and copying documents and correspondence
- Proofreading experience
- Outlook entry and look-up (internal)
- Other tasks as assigned
- Occasional light lifting up to 30 pounds
How to Apply:
Send resume by email or fax to:
Fax: (208) 373-7245, Attn: Tony Howard
Finalists will need to make an appointment with the Department of Labor to complete proof reading and alphabetizing work samples.
Thank you for your interest in employment with
Idaho Public Television
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.