1199 Shoreline Lane,
Boise , ID 83702
Open for Recruitment: March 7, 2017 - April 6, 2017
Announcement # NONCLS095033
$28.00 - $35.00 per hour (DOE)
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Idaho Lottery Enforcement Division - Investigative Specialist
The Idaho Lottery Enforcement Division is looking for a motivated POST Certified Investigative Specialist to join our law enforcement team. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in a position focused on criminal, civil, and business law, with predictable hours, a great office environment, and with the potential opportunity for advancement.
The Investigative Specialist will monitor and investigate statewide illegal activity including Lottery related crimes, gambling, and gaming; enforce Idaho laws and regulations; develop cases for prosecution or administrative actions and perform all law enforcement related duties.
Responsibilities:This position reports to the Deputy Director of Security and Enforcement and will be responsible for the following duties:
Conduct investigations of suspected violations of Idaho Code and Administrative Rules governing lotteries, gambling and charitable. This includes but is not limited to the theft of lottery products, illegal purchase of Lottery products, embezzlement, illegal gambling activities, unlawful manufacturing, possession of stolen materials and fraud
Gather and analyze evidence to determine validity of allegations, the appropriate course of action and investigative processes
Identify and interview potential witnesses
Review individual and business records to detect Lottery and/or charitable gaming fraud or abuse
Determine appropriate course of action such as arrests, criminal prosecution or civil/administrative actions
Coordinate investigations with other law enforcement entities throughout the state
Work with Prosecutor’s throughout the state
Prepare criminal case reports, affidavits of probable cause and criminal and administrative actions
Gather, prepare, and present evidence in court; testify as an expert witness and recommend disposition of cases
Supervise operational and field activities such as loss prevention activities and to include training and consultation
On-line gaming drawing oversight and management
Perform internal game drawings
Computer system monitoring and security
On-site security management
Monitor operational controls
Create, monitor and manage programs and policies to ensure the integrity of all Lottery games from point of creation to sale and validation
Qualifications & Requirements
Minimum (The required skills and qualifications needed to perform the job)
- Must have a current Peace/Police Officer Basic certification or higher
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of law enforcement experience
- Ability to interpret and enforce all Idaho State Criminal Statutes
- Ability to become proficient in multiple interfaced Lottery computer systems
- Experience with investigating various types of theft and fraud crimes
- Proficient in interview and interrogation, defensive tactics, and arrest techniques
- Proficient in rules of evidence, discovery and court procedures
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to perform most activities with little or no direct supervision
- Be able to multi-task, be self-motivated and able to prioritize workload based on circumstance driven discretion
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Physically and mentally capable to be involved in volatile situations with aggressive persons and situations
- Ability to engage in defensive tactics, defensive driving, arrest techniques and use of firearm
- Must successfully pass criminal, credit, and public records background checks conducted by the Idaho Lottery
- Must pass a polygraph test
- Must successfully pass pre-employment and random ongoing drug tests
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
Preferred (Attributes needed for superior performance, specialty areas)
More than 10 years prior law enforcement experience
Knowledge of various forms of gambling to include methods, mechanisms and equipment
Prior experience investigating financial crimes to include deciphering accounting and bookkeeping records
Prior experience with interpreting and enforcing both Civil and Administrative laws
Prior experience interpreting and enforcing contracts
Formal education in computer systems i.e. certifications or degrees
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) and is located at the Idaho Lottery Headquarters in Boise, Idaho. Pay for this position is between $28.00 - $35.00 per hour depending on knowledge and experience and will receive full, State of Idaho employee benefits.
The Idaho Lottery is a self-governing State agency and offers an excellent benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; paid sick and vacation time; all paid State holidays; State retirement program (PERSI); and many others.
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements for the position and believe this is the job for you, you can apply by sending a cover letter which should include brief details about your interest in this position and what makes you a qualified candidate along with your resume to email@example.com, or send to the Idaho Lottery, Attn: Jennifer Quinno-Miller, 1199 Shoreline Lane, Suite 100, Boise, Idaho 83702. Job posting closes April 6, 2017. Submissions must be received or post marked BY end of day on the closing date. Those received or post marked after the closing date may not be considered.
*Submissions without both a cover letter and resume may be discarded, so please be sure to include both.
The Idaho Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer!