1199 Shoreline Lane,
Boise , ID 83702
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Open for Recruitment: March 10, 2017 - March 24, 2017
Announcement # NONCLS090482
$10.00 - $11.00 per hour (DOE)
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Part-Time Shipping and Receiving Clerk - Boise
The Idaho Lottery is looking for an energetic, hard-working person to join our Warehouse crew as a part-time Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
If you are looking for part-time manual work in a fun, relaxed environment, this may be the job for you!
This position is scheduled for Monday and Thursday each week beginning at 6:00 a.m. and working up to 8 hours each day, until shipments are finished.
Shipping and Receiving
Receives and unloads freight both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
Fill ticket orders using system guided pack processing
Checks for damaged goods
Verifies quantity and quality of order
Verifies items received with purchase order
Wraps, packages, and ships supplies
Delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas
Tags and issues supplies
Maintain the warehouse including inventory of game tickets, organize in-stock games and rotate, stocks shelves and rotates inventory
May maintain equipment and vehicles
Responsible for keeping a clean, orderly and safe work area and ensuring safety procedures are adhered to
Inventory Maintenance and Clerical
Participates in physical inventories of warehouse
Maintains inventory records by adding or deleting supplies as they are shipped or received
Operates a personal computer to access, enter, and correct information
Answers phones and provides information using customer service skills
May prepare damage claims for supervisor's review and signature
- Some knowledge of basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Experience: handling, storing, and shipping materials or supplies; operating material handling equipment; accessing information on a computer; reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness
- Willingness to: be trained on the operation of power and/or hand tools; greet individuals, answer phones, and provide information to customers; bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-9 hour shift; work in dusty and dirty conditions; handle and store hazardous materials; clean and maintain a safe working environment
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must successfully pass a criminal, credit and public records background checks conducted by the Idaho Lottery
Preferred candidates will have:
The ability to pay attention to detail and effectively and efficiently manage deliverable deadlines
Certification in operating equipment, including forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies, or willingness to obtain certification
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
This part time position is located at the Idaho Lottery Warehouse in Boise. Pay for this position is between $10.00 and $11.00 per hour.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume of work history and cover letter explaining your qualifications and desire for this job to email@example.com or send via mail to Idaho Lottery, 1199 Shoreline Lane, Suite 100, Boise, Idaho 83702, Attn: Jennifer Quinno-Miller. Job closes on Friday, March 24, 2017. Submissions received after this date will not be considered.
**In your cover letter, please explain your desire for part time work and how the listed hours fit with your schedule.
The Idaho Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.