Idaho State University921 South 8th Ave Stop 8107
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Instruction Coordinator, Adult Basic Education (1798)
Open for Recruitment: April 3, 2017 - May 1, 2017
Announcement # NONCLS071811
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Posting Number: req468
10 Month Full-Time
College of Technology
Pocatello - Main
Serve as an instructional coordinator to teach GED English, Social Studies, Science preparation classes, and teach English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for the Adult Education Center at the Idaho State University campus and at the Adult Learning Center in American Falls.
• Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in English, Science, and Social Studies in Idaho’s Core Curriculum Content Standards, and ESL aligned to the Idaho and English Language Proficiency Standards (IELPS).
• Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen.
• Administers academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating students’ progress in meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition.
• Maintains complete and accurate records of students’ progress and evidence of growth and progress.
• Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
• Assess students’ progress using the GAIN and CASAS tests.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience in teaching adult learners.
• Experience in teaching English.
• Experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
• TESL, TESOL or CELTA or other closely related certification.
• Two years of experience using, administering, and interpreting ABE ESL assessments.
• Demonstrated experience using methods and technologies that are successful in engaging and teaching a diverse student group comprised of different cultures, backgrounds and readiness to learn.
• Demonstrated experience working with colleagues on program wide goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of the new College and Career Readiness Standards adopted by the State of Idaho to guide ABE ESL curriculum.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=468
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Letter of introduction/expression of interest which includes teaching philosophy statement; CV of experience, education, and qualifications; a list of names and contact information for three (3) professional references; unofficial transcripts and copy of Degree Diploma and related Certificates (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate).
ISU PUBLIC SAFETY JEANNE CLERY ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 1, 2017. However, the position will remain open until filled. Approved salary is $27,600 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University's Jeanne Clery report, federally required reporting, provides crime, arrest and fire statistics for the previous three years that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by Idaho State University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies about alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, personal practices, disciplinary procedures, fire safety and other matters. This report can be accessed on the following website: ISU Clery Report
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.