Superintendent of Public Instruction
650 West State Street
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
IT Programmer Analyst, Senior
Open for Recruitment: April 3, 2017 - Open until further notice
Announcement # NONCLS058621
$27.00 - $29.13 per hr ($56,160 - $60,590 yearly)
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
The State Department of Education has an opening for an IT Programmer Analyst, Senior.
If you have previously applied for an IT Programmer Analyst, Senior position, and wish to be considered for this vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
The Idaho State Department of Education is looking for a software developer who wants to contribute to the enhancement of public schools resources in Idaho. This position designs, codes, and maintains web applications developed in-house, as well as maintaining and rewriting web applications developed by external contractors.
This is a full-time, senior-level position, serving under appointment of the Superintendent of Public Instruction. At this level, incumbents are able to perform the full range of applications design, analysis, and programming functions. Incumbents should have 3+ years’ experience in systems analysis and design and a proven track record.
BENEFITS at the Department of Education include:
- Eligibility for university fee waiver program*
- Vacation and sick leave, accrual beginning immediately upon hire
- Ten (10) paid State holidays
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance and life insurance, beginning the first of the month after hire
- PERSI retirement (pension) plan – vested in the PERSI retirement system after five consecutive months of service, versus five years of service at a classified State agency
- Optional 401(k), 457 Deferred Compensation, and Roth 457 retirement savings plans available
(* some restrictions apply)
- Design and develop creative and efficient solutions for a wide variety of complex business problems
- Analyze, design, develop, test and maintain web applications, web services, NT services
- Troubleshoot problems with applications, finding and implementing fixes or new solutions
- Work with project manager(s) and other departments in the agency
- Responsible for ensuring that the customer’s issues are resolved
- Track open issues and escalate as necessary
- Expeditiously respond to emails and phone calls regarding various topics
- 3+ years of experience designing relational databases
- Experience writing IT programming specifications
- Experience performing systems design and analysis
- Experience writing program documentation in accordance with published standards
- Experience working with customers to develop software requirements specifications
- Experience using Kendo UI and Bootstrap
- Experience developing and interfacing with web services
- Experience developing Data Visualization solutions
- Experience developing reports using Microsoft SSRS
- Experience working with Open XML
- Experience working with Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ)
- Experience working with ADFS and SAML
- Experience working with Educational data and programs
Click on the “Apply Online” button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist (this serves as your Employment Application). Without this information, your name cannot be referred for consideration. Items in the Application Checklist include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities (please select "Boise"), Agencies (please select "Superintendent of Public Instruction"), Job Type/Shift (please select "Full time").
The Exam for this position is to submit a letter of interest and customized resume’/CV. The letter of interest and resume’ should emphasize skills, experience, education, and/or training that directly relate to the qualifications stated in the announcement. Click the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam questions.
All applications received for this opening will be reviewed and screened to determine the most suitable candidates to be called for interviews. Finalists will be asked to provide three (3) letters of recommendations or the names and contact information for three (3) professional references. Additional information, documentation, or transcripts may be requested.
Application review will begin immediately. Applicant screening will continue until the position is filled. The State Department of Education seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. It is to the applicant’s advantage to submit materials as soon as possible.
Interview dates have not been determined at this time. Those applicants not selected will be notified. This announcement will be closed without notice once a qualified candidate is identified and accepts the position.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the State Department of Education!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.