Idaho Correctional Industries1299 N Orchard Suite 110
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
CI Sales and Marketing Manager
Open for Recruitment: April 4, 2017 - April 25, 2017
Announcement # NONCLS043710
$27.50 - $35.00
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
The Mission of Idaho Correctional Industries (ICI) is teaching and strengthening work and life skills to minimum and medium security offenders to prepare them for a successful transition into society. Through successful training we help build lives, save the State of Idaho Tax Dollar Investments, and ultimately benefit society
ICI is a self-supporting state agency and exists as an offender Training Program. ICI subscribes to professional ethics and supports all other agencies in order to foster the integrity of the criminal justice system. The Hiring list(s) will be created from open competitive applicants and maybe used to fill future vacancies in Boise. If you wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must apply on-line under this announcement.
The Idaho Correctional Industries Sales and Marketing Manager will lead, plan, direct and coordinate organizational marketing activities. Work may require travel within a geographic area of the state.
Manage and execute marketing plan for $8MM enterprise
Management of 8 to 15 sales staff
Manage marketing and sales functional area for Idaho Correctional Industries (ICI)
Financial planning, budgeting and sales forecast
Segment marketing based on ICI and Idaho Statute Title 20, Chapter 4, Correctional Industries Act
Market and business development
Drive business and growth with competitive analytics, market intelligence and data based decision making using ICI's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Product and customer development
Customer Service/Customer Relationship Management
Pricing strategy based on market conditions and enterprise cost structure
Develop and drive a web-based store front
Manage brick and mortar showroom and inventory
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, or related field such as Business Management, Accounting or Finance
Five years' experience managing sales/marketing staff
Good Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
Experience developing and managing department functions and systems
Experience with enterprise software solutions
- Experience in managing product marketing plans and executing with proven positive results
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and achieve results
- Industry knowledge of correctional industries
- Previous experience with brand, vision/mission and strategic objectives
- Experience acting as spokesperson and public relations communications
To be hired, candidates will have a history and background supportive of department mission goals and will be subject to:
- Completing a Background Investigation Questionnaire and pre-employment drug testing
- Having a federal and state criminal background check to include fingerprints
- Having a history of law-abiding behavior
- Felonies, misdemeanors, illegal drug usage, DUI's, adverse driving convictions and employment history may make you ineligible for employment
Non-hiring restrictions are in place for candidates who:
- Have been convicted of Domestic Violence or similar types of violent behaviors
- Have a dishonorable discharge from military service
- Currently are using, dealing or are associated with illegal drugs
- Have close friends or relatives under IDOC care & custody
- Are currently under IDOC supervision or probation (must be released from IDOC supervision or probation for at least one year)
Minimum Qualifications Exam - You will receive a score based on your education and experience in the answers to the exam. A minimum score of 75 is required to pass. Notification of your test results will be available online when the exam review process has been completed. All answers to the questions on the exam must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application. For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position please click on "Preview Exam" below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen.
Click on any Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist Information and Exam for this position. Remember to update your online application information, please select/add:
- Idaho Correctional Industries under "Agencies"
- Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency. You must complete all items in the Application Checklist under General Information and Optional Information to include Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, Job Type/Shift, Skills, and Resume.
CHOOSE A CAREER WITH US!
Thank you for your interest in employment with Idaho Correctional Industries!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.