Idaho State University921 South 8th Ave Stop 8107
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Associate Vice President for Health Sciences (3630)
Open for Recruitment: April 12, 2017 - May 15, 2017
Announcement # NONCLS040445
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Posting Number: req474
12 Month Full-Time
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
This position provides leadership in Southeast Idaho advancing the University’s statewide health sciences education mission through execution of strategic planning and academic program development and implementation. The AVP has the expectation of community engagement with business and industry, civic and government, and secondary and post-secondary education leaders for economic and social impact within public and private arenas. This position is responsible for leadership and oversees Kasiska Division of Health Sciences (KDHS) administrative units as assigned. This position cooperates with the vice president/associate vice presidents, deans, department chairs, and faculty members in the colleges/schools for the delivery of instruction, research and service, including teaching clinics serving vulnerable populations in the region. The position reports to the Vice-President for Health Sciences (VPHS).
• Provide leadership in Southeast Idaho advancing the University’s statewide health sciences education mission through execution of strategic planning and academic program development and implementation.
• Community engagement with business and industry, civic and government, and secondary and post-secondary education leaders for economic and social impact within public and private arenas.
• Oversee Pocatello KDHS administration and operations.
• Oversee KDHS administrative units as assigned and collaborate with the vice president/associate vice presidents, deans, department chairs, and faculty members in the colleges/schools for the delivery of instruction, research and service, including teaching clinics serving vulnerable populations in the region.
• Provide student services including appeals, petitions, change of grades, as well as liaison with registrar, oversee DHS prefix course management, and review curriculum and State Board proposals
• Chair scholarship committee and manage DHS scholarships
• Act as liaison between the KDHS and Academic Affairs in the area of Program Prioritization and Effectiveness, curricular program development and approvals with Curriculum Council and Graduate Council.
• Leverage and allocate resources and project and account for budget expenditures.
• Create a positive, collaborative environment that ensures access, opportunity, learning, and discovery for students and other constituents.
• Keep apprised, respond to interest in, and demand for programs of study and workforce training in the health professions.
• Oversee facilities and equipment updates.
• Engage in philanthropic fundraising and pursue grant opportunities.
• Serve as liaison for inter-professional education integration and student services.
• Earned Doctoral Degree in Health Related Field or a Doctoral Degree in another field coupled with a Master’s Degree in Health Related Field.
• Three years of demonstrated experience in senior administrative role.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the American health care system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of clinical operations in an Academic setting.
• Earned Doctoral Degree in Health Related Field.
• Strong written and oral communication.
• Demonstrated expertise in field of study and/or productivity in research.
• Advanced interpersonal skills.
• Success in fundraising (includes donations, grants, or research).
• Experience working with inter-professional groups.
• Demonstrated leadership.
• Experience in a University setting.
• Experience at a collaborative branch or satellite campus of higher education.
• Experience managing a complex budget.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=474
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Resume/CV, Cover letter that specifically addresses administrative and leadership philosophy, the names and contact information of three (3) professional references.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 15, 2017. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
ISU PUBLIC SAFETY JEANNE CLERY ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
Idaho State University's Jeanne Clery report, federally required reporting, provides crime, arrest and fire statistics for the previous three years that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by Idaho State University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies about alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, personal practices, disciplinary procedures, fire safety and other matters. This report can be accessed on the following website: ISU Clery Report
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.