Office of the
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0091
Open for Recruitment: April 12, 2017 - April 23, 2017
Announcement # NONCLS010268
$36.00 - $38.00 per hour (DOE)
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
The State Treasurer’s Office is seeking a proactive, collaborative individual with accounting experience. This position will develop and maintain accounting systems, prepare complex annual financial reports for the State Treasurer’s Investment Division, and the Idaho Bond Bank Authority. Incumbent will use their professional background to assist with the design, modification, and implementation of financial reporting systems, as well as continuous review of related policies and procedures. They will audit financial data for completeness and compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
This position is full time, Monday through Friday, and is located in the State Capitol building.
- Prepare the annual financial statements in conformity with GAAP and GASB pronouncements for the investment portfolios managed by the Treasurer’s Office.
- Prepare annual audited financial statements in conformity with GAAP and GASB pronouncements for the Idaho Bond Bank Authority.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for the investment portfolios managed by the Treasurer’s Office.
- Prepare the monthly income distributions to participants for the portfolios managed by the Treasurer’s Office.
- Assist with accounting functions related to various programs administered by the Treasurer’s Office, such as the Idaho Bond Bank Administration, School Bond Guarantee, and Credit Rating Enhancement Committee.
- Bachelor degree in accountancy, CPA preferred.
- Five or more years of financial accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the Government Finance Officers Association best practices including financial reporting, cash management, and debt management.
- Knowledge and experience with preparation of financial statements in compliance with GAAP and GASB pronouncements.
- Knowledge of security attributes and accounting methodologies for investment portfolios.
- Knowledge and experience with debt security investments, including familiarity with terminology and the accounting requirements necessary for proper reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the municipal bond market, including how bonds are underwritten and distributed.
- A sound understanding of internal controls, with the ability to analyze current processes, identify weaknesses, and propose appropriate modifications to minimize risk if warranted.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to properly interact and communicate with Board Members, Participants, Vendors, and co-workers. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Works independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment; manages priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.
- Self-starter, independent worker and able to multi-task.
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in employment with Idaho State Government!
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.