Idaho State University921 South 8th Ave Stop 8107
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Senior Accountant, Office of the Controller (1488)
Open for Recruitment: April 17, 2017 - May 5, 2017
Announcement # NONCLS008652
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Posting Number: req477Primary Purpose
12 Month Full-Time
Finance and Administration
Pocatello - Main
The Senior Accountant performs routine and complex accounting activities requiring knowledge of systems, independent judgement of adherence to GAAP, GASB, university and state policy and an ability to respond accordingly. The role is responsible for facilitating successful completion of the external audit and preparation of the annual financial statements; monitoring, processing and reconciling financial information and journal entries; preparing accounting and audit analyses and reports; and participating in on-going process improvement.
• Maintain a strong internal control environment by ensuring compliance with GAAP, GASB, state and university policy and procedures.
• Prepare journal entries to record or adjust accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP, GASB and university policies.
• Review and analyze significant accounting transactions to ensure proper GAAP and GASB treatment which may require research of technical accounting literature.
• Assist with the month-end and quarterly closing processes, including quarterly reconciliation and reporting requirements.
• Assist with year-end closing processes, including journal entry inventory, review and approval; reporting and audit requirements.
• Review and submission of monthly reconciliations of subsidiary modules/systems with the General Ledger.
• Review accounts payable transactions including purchasing card activity, including proper coding for tax reporting.
• Assist with the review and implementation of improvements to financial processes and operational efficiency initiatives.
• Promote a customer service environment, including support to multiple constituents including faculty, staff, and students.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting
• Three years work experience in accounting
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
• Excellent Customer Service
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while staying on task and completing all objectives within the deadlines provided.
• Banner Experience
• Higher Ed Experience
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=477
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 5, 2017. However, the position will remain open until filled. The approved salary range is $48,000 - $53,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
ISU PUBLIC SAFETY JEANNE CLERY ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
Idaho State University's Jeanne Clery report, federally required reporting, provides crime, arrest and fire statistics for the previous three years that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by Idaho State University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies about alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, personal practices, disciplinary procedures, fire safety and other matters. This report can be accessed on the following website: ISU Clery Report
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.