Idaho State University921 South 8th Ave Stop 8107
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Instructor, Robotics and Communications Systems Engineering Technology (7552)
Open for Recruitment: March 31, 2017 - April 28, 2017
Announcement # NONCLS000624
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Posting Number: req467
9 Month Full-Time
College of Technology
Pocatello - Main
To provide quality, experience based instruction to Robotics and Communications Systems Engineering Technology students in both classroom and laboratory environments.
1. Deliver quality, experience-based instruction and hands-on laboratory activities designed to prepare students for successful entry into the workforce (70%)
2. Collaboratively work with program faculty, the Department Chair, and Technical Advisory Committee members to develop and maintain program curriculum (10%)
3. Participate in professional development activities to maintain state certification and engage in lifelong learning (5%)
4. Collaboratively work with program and departmental faculty to maintain ABET accreditation, including developing reports and participating in meetings to discuss program continuous improvement (5%)
5. Actively participate in departmental, college, university, and community professional service opportunities (5%)
6. Develop and maintain quality relationships with business/industry and other employers (2%)
7. Recruit and advise Robotics and Communications Systems Engineering Technology students (3%)
• Associate’s degree in Robotics, Electronics, or a closely related area and 12,000 hours of full-time, successful, recent, gainful employment in a Robotics and/or Electronics related occupation OR a bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Electronics, or a closely related area and 6,000 hours of full-time, successful, recent, gainful employment in a Robotics and/or Electronics related occupation
• Postsecondary Occupational Specialist Certification from the Idaho Division of Career & Technical Education or meet the requirements to obtain such certification
• Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral forms
• Ability to operate a computer efficiently and use word processing software, spreadsheets, e-mail, and internet browsers
• Eight years of full-time, successful, recent, gainful employment in a Robotics and/or Electronics related occupation
• Experience teaching/training others in a professional or educational setting
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=467
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Submit cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications; resume of experience, education, and qualifications; names and contact information of three (3) professional references; and unofficial transcripts. Original transcripts will be required upon employment.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 28, 2017. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
ISU PUBLIC SAFETY JEANNE CLERY ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
Idaho State University's Jeanne Clery report, federally required reporting, provides crime, arrest and fire statistics for the previous three years that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by Idaho State University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies about alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, personal practices, disciplinary procedures, fire safety and other matters. This report can be accessed on the following website: ISU Clery Report
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.