Our mission is to
promote and protect
the health and safety
To apply for this job:
For all Idaho state government jobs:
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Visit us online!
Learn about a career with IDHW:
Client Services Technician
Open for Recruitment: April 19, 2017 - April 26, 2017
Announcement # 07766032106
$10.16 - $13.00 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Division of Family and Community Services, Child Welfare, currently has a vacancy for Client Services Technician in Region V.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal history background investigation. Employment is dependent upon satisfactory results of the investigation.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
This position involves the ability to lift and carry items weighing approximately 50 pounds and to perform physical work such as lifting and carrying car seats, children, and boxes.
If you have previously applied for Client Services Technician and wish to be considered for this vacancy, you must re-apply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
- Provide transportation and support services to child welfare clients in a variety of settings
- Instruct clients in homemaking, daily living, and job attainment skills
- Monitor client visits with biological children and make progress notes
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Guide clients in completing documents necessary to implement services
- Explain applicable laws, policies, and procedures to clients
- Ability to utilize computer skills to develop Word documents and enter documents regarding parent/child contacts into a data base system
- Teach and coach basic parenting skills; testify in court regarding parents interactions and abilities in parenting their children
- Good knowledge of home sanitation and safety
- Experience working with clients who may be behaviorally, socially, physically and/or mentally challenged
- Experience observing and recording clients’ behaviors, treatment responses, and progress
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Experience operating household appliances and performing homemaking skills
- A valid driver’s license
Additional Qualifications: Are not required, however, having the minimum qualifications and the experience and/or education below will increase your score.
There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant's eligibility. Click the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 89 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your response or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select Health and Welfare under "Agencies," full-time under "Job Type/Shift," and Burley under "Cities."
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.