PO Box 83720
Boise ID 83720-0066
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Nurse, Licensed Practical
All State Agencies
Open for Recruitment: January 3, 2017 - June 29, 2017
Announcement # 07676096965
$13.66 - $24.40 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
This announcement will be used to fill immediate and possible future openings for the agencies and locations shown below. Hiring lists are requested periodically, as vacancies occur. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Department of Health & Welfare:
State Hospital South - Blackfoot
State Hospital North - Orofino
Southwest Idaho Treatment Center - Nampa
Regional offices in the Division of Behavioral Health
Idaho State Veterans Homes:
Public Health Districts:
Health District 1 - Panhandle
Health District 2 - North Central
Health District 3 - Southwest
Health District 4 - Central
Health District 5 - South Central
Health District 6 - South Eastern
Health District 7 - Eastern
Boise State University:
Idaho State University:
Department of Juvenile Corrections:
- Performs practical nursing care or assists a registered nurse or physician in routine to complex situations in clinics, private homes or state institutions.
- Observes, records, and reports patients treatment, care, symptoms, physical and mental condition, behavior and progress.
- Administers prescribed medications including intramuscular injections and observes for adverse reactions.
- Performs treatments including change of sterile dressings, insertion of nasal gastric tubes, catheterizations and removal of sutures.
- Interviews patients to obtain health information and instructs and counsels patients regarding basic health needs.
- Teaches patients and their families the importance of proper diet, proper positioning, range-of-motion exercises, transfer techniques, and personal hygiene procedures.
- Charts administered medications, symptoms, accidents, unusual behavior, doctors' visits and observed side effects of drugs.
- Orders lab and x-ray work under physicians orders.
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the state of Idaho or state licensure as a Practical Nurse pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact, Idaho Code 54-1418, in one of the following compact states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Wisconsin.
Checklist. You will receive a score based on your responses. You must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination. All responses must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application. Exam results are available immediately online when you complete and submit your exam.
To preview the examination for this position, click on the "Preview Exam" link below (you will not be able to apply from this screen). If you wish to apply and test for this position, please follow the directions under "How to Apply."
How to Apply:
Click on either Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select:
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
- Any agency at which you are willing to work under "Agencies"
- All job type/shift options you will consider under "Job Type/Shift"
- Any city in which you are willing to work under "Cities"
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
The institutional facilities of the Idaho Department of Juvenile Corrections are drug-free workplaces. Any applicant offered employment at one of the institutions will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position at the Idaho Department of Health & Welfare will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. Click here to read the Boise State University Safety Report.
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.