PO Box 83720
Boise ID 83720-0066
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Open for Recruitment: April 18, 2017 - May 16, 2017
Announcement # 07232002640
$22.93 - $28.66/hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Central District Health is looking for a
medical/public health professional to work as a
Communicable Disease Control Staff Epidemiologist
on the Boise team. RN/BSN encouraged to apply!
This position is responsible for investigating reportable diseases and conditions with a focus on HIV/STD and Tuberculosis.
- Investigate reportable diseases and outbreaks in both office and field settings
- Conduct HIV/STD partner elicitation, notification, and referral (partner services) activities
- Perform TB case management duties including directly observed therapy, contact tracing, TB testing, and monitoring of voluntary or involuntary isolation
- Perform or coordinate biological sample collection (e.g., phlebotomy, stool sample collection)
Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze epidemiological data
- Write outbreak reports
- Share lessons learned and best practices with colleagues
- Assist in the development of written or verbal communication to the medical community
- Present disease trend and/or prevention information to local healthcare workers, community organizations, and policy-makers
- Maintain relationships with broader health community
- Mentor student interns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Considerable knowledge of contemporary principles and practices of epidemiology
- Experience applying principles and practices of epidemiology - typically gained by one year of experience applying principles and practices of epidemiology
The most desirable candidates will:
- Be licensed, or have eligibility for licensure, to practice registered nursing in Idaho (e.g., RN, BSN) and have at least 1 year of experience applying epidemiological principles, OR
- Possess a master’s degree in public health, science (with an emphasis in epidemiology), health sciences or related degree and have at least 1 year of related experience, OR
- Have a bachelor degree in a health-related area and have considerable experience in infectious diseases
- Possess and maintain a valid Idaho driver’s license
The examination is a rating of your education and experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the spaces provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 70 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the exam, click on the “Preview Exam” link at the bottom of this page (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Health District 4 under "Agencies"
- Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. The items in the Application Checklist include: (Personal information; Education; Work History; Cities; Agencies; Job type.) Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
Central District Health Department is a Tobacco-Free Workplace.
Employees of CDHD are required to refrain from the use of any tobacco products.
CDHD will not hire tobacco users.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Health District 4.
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.