Our mission is to
promote and protect
the health and safety
To apply for this job:
For all Idaho state government jobs:
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Visit us online!
Learn about a career with IDHW:
Physician, Psychiatric Specialty
Open for Recruitment: February 27, 2017 - Open until further notice
Announcement # 07206062210
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
State Hospital North, located in Orofino, Idaho, is seeking a Psychiatrist to provide progressive, best practice care in patient-focused and friendly work environment. Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package that includes low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance; malpractice coverage; generous vacation and sick leave; retirement and savings plans; and compensation for on-call coverage. Additionally, we offer potential recruitment incentives such as student loan repayment and relocation assistance.
Our medical staff enjoy flexible schedules, cutting edge technology, supportive management and nursing staff, and ongoing professional development and training. Our state hospitals help some of Idaho's most vulnerable and underserved citizens and take a team approach to providing treatment. Our psychiatrists are able to focus on providing quality care, not meeting quotas, length of stay, billing, or other administrative concerns.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in these positions will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. Applicants will be required to pass a background investigation after a conditional offer of employment.
This announcement will remain open until the positions have been filled. To ensure you are considered, please apply as soon as possible.
Psychiatric Diagnosis and Treatment
- Develops psychiatric diagnostic evaluations
- Conducts or serves on interdisciplinary treatment team staffings
- Prescribes and performs psychiatric treatment to include psychopharmacology, individual and group psychotherapy and other modalities
- Reviews and monitors clinical staff records
- Assesses patient's medical condition and refers for consultation and treatment
Training and Consultation
- Provides staff training on psychiatric diagnosis and treatment to non-physicians
- Provides consultation to other primary therapists
- May provide psychiatric consultation to community physicians and agencies
- Serves on various hospital committees
- Provides authoritative psychiatric opinion on various issues such as resolving conflicts in client diagnosis, acting as designated examiner, providing court testimony, or conducting court ordered evaluations
- Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine and surgery by the Idaho State Board of Medicine. Licensure must be obtained prior to appointment.
- Considerable knowledge of psychiatric theory; psychopathology; psychopharmacology; psychiatric management of dangerous individuals.
- Experience performing psychiatric diagnoses. Typically gained by current certification or eligibility for certification from the American Medical Association specialty board of psychiatry and neurology.
Visit Us Online: For information about physician careers, benefits and photo gallery of our hospitals: http://www.careers.dhw.idaho.gov/
State Hospital North, Orofino: SHN is a 55-bed adult psychiatric hospital located in North Central Idaho. Our hospital employs approximately 137 full- and part-time staff. Orofino, a small, friendly community located on the Clearwater River and at 1,000 ft. elevation, offers year-round recreational opportunities. Summer and fall offer the finest in Steelhead and Chinook salmon fishing, and you'll have immediate access to the Clearwater National Forest. You’ll find scenic golf courses, historical trails, a variety of camping locations, hunting galore, and a 53-mile reservoir right out your front door. If you’re a winter sport enthusiast, you’ll find over 1,200 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, cross country and alpine skiing, and of course, fishing. In addition to local recreation, Orofino is less than six hours from Seattle, where you can experience professional sporting events, plays, concerts, and more.
Visit Us Online: For more information about benefits and to view a photo gallery of State Hospital North, visit http://www.careers.dhw.idaho.gov/.
For more information about our programs: http://www.mentalhealth.idaho.gov/.
For any other questions or if you are interested in applying, please contact Erin Floyd, Human Resources, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (208) 332-7206.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.