Our mission is to
promote and protect
the health and safety
To apply for this job:
For all Idaho state government jobs:
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Visit us online!
Learn about a career with IDHW:
Open for Recruitment: April 18, 2017 - April 24, 2017
Announcement # 07004076747
$22.83 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Region 4 Self-Reliance Benefits Program has an opening for a Self-Reliance Supervisor in the Benefits Customer Service Center located at our Westgate/Boise Office.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Boise only. If you have previously applied for Self-Reliance Supervisor and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
- Develops and implements Customer Service Center priorities that support statewide divisional goals
- Provides on the floor Call Center support to staff and customers
- Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises staff with the goal of achieving performance goals
- Monitors work volume and makes adjustments in assignments to meet customer needs
- Works closely with program manager in program administration
- Provides program consultation to staff and customers
- Recommends automated system modifications
- Recommends budget and staffing needs, coordinates unit activities with other units and agencies
- Monitor calls, actions and work volume; advises and assists staff
- Coaches and mentors staff to achieve desired performance
- Ensures integrity, uniformity, and accuracy of policy application; evaluates and ensures program compliance with policies, rules and regulations
- Ensures established call center metrics are achieved as well as comply with customer service standards
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with corrective action methods
- Monitors case reports and activities for suspected intentional program violations and authorizes referral for further investigation
- A minimum of one year of work experience demonstrating good knowledge applying federal and state rules and regulations to specific situations to determine the next course of action or one year of experience as a Self-Reliance Specialist, or the equivalent, demonstrating: good knowledge of current welfare programs and their associated automated data processing systems.
- Experience providing technical assistance to staff.
- A minimum of one year supervisory experience, or the equivalent educational experience, demonstrating the ability to manage work, people and performance.
There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant's eligibility. Click the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 70 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your responses or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select Health and Welfare under "Agencies," full-time under "Job Type/Shift," and Boise under "Cities."
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.