PO Box 83720
Boise ID 83720-0066
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Open for Recruitment: March 20, 2017 - April 3, 2017
Announcement # 06648066980
$17.61 - $22.01 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Southwest District Health is seeking
a full-time Building Superintendent.
- Facility maintenance: Typical responsibilities: sets-up preventive maintenance schedules; examines interior and exterior of buildings for damage, and initiates necessary repair; inspects fire extinguishers and systems for working ability; maintains plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and related systems; oversees contractor repairs when appropriate; inspects generator; ensures grounds surrounding facility are cared for properly and sprinkler systems are maintained; oversees painting, remodeling, and building repairs; may oversee custodial services.
- Administrative: Typical responsibilities: determines needs and makes arrangements for contracted services; meets with subcontractors to determine schedules, needs and changes; inspects work for compliance with contract; estimates budgets/cost expenditures, and projects future needs; lays out locations for staging and special events and directs set-up and maintenance; evaluates equipment life expectancy and replaces as appropriate; writes maintenance and administrative reports; meets with program directors, maintenance personnel, and others to define needs and to keep facility organized and running smoothly; trains staff in the operation and maintenance of tools, equipment, and related devices; may interview and hire staff, assign work and evaluates performance.
- Good knowledge of: building and life safety codes; preventive maintenance; the methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work.
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices.
- Experience: overseeing commercial building facility maintenance; performing skilled repair and maintenance in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, building maintenance, and/or grounds related work; using tools and equipment; reading blueprints and specifications; estimating material needs and costs for jobs; maintaining records and writing reports; overseeing maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) work.
The following is not required, but may increase your score on the examination:
- Background creating and/or utilizing a preventive maintenance plan and/or schedule on a commercial building.
The examination is a rating of your education and experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the spaces provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 63 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the exam, click on the “Preview Exam” link at the bottom of this page (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select:
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist (this includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job Type/Shift). Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
Thank you for your interest in Southwest District Health!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.