Boise State University
1910 University Dr.
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Open for Recruitment: February 24, 2017 - April 1, 2017
Announcement # 06648006998
$15.41 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Boise State University
Facilities Operations and Maintenance
This position is primarily responsible to provide inspections, testing, and maintenance of fire suppression systems and related equipment in all buildings on campus and campus grounds. To provide technical guidance and advice regarding fire suppression and life-safety systems. To liaison with Environmental Health Safety and Sustainability and Campus Security and local fire officials.
Job duties include:
Plans, implements and administers a preventive and predictive fire suppression system maintenance program.
Performs periodic inspections and preventive maintenance of automatic and manual fire extinguishing systems, and campus fire hydrants.
Performs routine preventive maintenance tasks such as building inspections, fire pump tests, and inspections and backflow preventer testing and repair.
Keep up to date on the latest products, fire codes and building standards, and federal, state and local regulations regarding fire suppression systems.
- Good knowledge of building and life safety codes; the methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work.
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices.
- Experience performing commercial building facility maintenance; performing skilled repair and maintenance in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, building maintenance, and grounds related work; using the tools and equipment associated with the trades indicated; reading blueprints and specifications; estimating material needs and costs for jobs; maintaining records and writing reports; performing maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) work.
- Require a valid driver's license.
- Experience and knowledge in inspecting, testing, and maintaining fire suppression systems.
Checklist/Education/Experience - You will receive a score based on your answers. You must receive a minimum rating of (70) to pass this examination. Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete. If you did not Apply Online, you will receive written notification of your exam results.
To preview the examination click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam you click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided.
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. If you are unable to use the Apply Online process, you must respond to the exam questions on this announcement and complete a State of Idaho Application. To obtain a paper application, click on "Forms" at the top of the screen.
All answers to the questions on the exam must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application.
When updating your online application information, please select:
- Boise State University under "Agencies"
- Full-Time employment under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
- Without the above information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. Click here to read the Boise State University Safety Report.
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please click here
Thank you for your interest in employment with
Boise State University!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.