Department of Administration
650 West State Street, P.O. Box 83720
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Open for Recruitment: March 3, 2017 - March 27, 2017
Announcement # 06538008631
$19.00 to $21.00 DOE
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Department of Administration is dedicated to providing responsive, cost effective and timely support services to Idaho's policy makers, public agencies and state employees as they serve Idaho's citizens.
This Permanent classified position also includes a comprehensive benefit package including: PERSI Retirement Benefits, Medical/Dental Benefits and Life Insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents. Paid time off includes vacation and sick leave that begin accruing immediately upon hire and Holiday pay.
This position is with the Department of Administration, Division of Public Works in the Facilities Services Program. Facilities Services provides maintenance to all buildings located in the Capitol Mall.
- Installs, tests, repairs and disconnects secondary high voltage building panels and disconnects
- Calculates electrical equipment and system requirements
- Installs conduit, conductors, junction boxes, disconnects, receptacles, switches, and light systems
- Repairs motors, starters, pumps, and electrical aspects of chillers, boilers, fans, and related heating and cooling equipment
- Tests safety equipment and exit/emergency lighting
- Replaces ballasts, installs and repairs coax cables for computer systems, microprocessors, data communications devices, and similar electronic systems
- Inspects electrical installations insuring work is completed in accordance with applicable electrical codes
- Uses specialized testing equipment such as ohmmeters, VTVM, VOM, ampmeter, and Megger
- Conducts electrical preventive maintenance including inspection, testing, cleaning, and lubricating equipment and systems
- Completes work orders and keeps track of maintenance logs
- Assists other maintenance and crafts staff performing their duties
- Responds to emergency call-backs
You must be a licensed Journey Electrician in accordance with Idaho Code, Title 54, Chapter 10 and have experience installing, operating, repairing, and maintaining industrial electrical systems and equipment including conductor size for loads, amps, and voltage; using specialized electrical testing equipment; interpreting industrial-type electrical circuit diagrams and blueprints; and using and maintaining hand and power tools normally used in electrical and electronics equipment repair.
Examination: Training and Experience. Please respond to the examination questions based on your training and experience related to this position. Scoring will be based on your responses. Applicants must receive a minimum score of 74. You will receive notification of your results online.
To preview the exam, click on the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen.
To Apply: Click on any Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Qualifications for this position.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Department of Administration under "Agencies"
- Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
Failure to make these selections will remove you from consideration for this position.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.