Our mission is to
promote and protect
the health and safety
To apply for this job:
For all Idaho state government jobs:
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Visit us online!
Learn about a career with IDHW:
YES Project - Communications Coordinator
Public Involvement Coordinator
Open for Recruitment: March 20, 2017 - March 31, 2017
Announcement # 05577050806
$18.00 - $20.00 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare's Division of Behavioral Health, Youth Empowerment Services (YES) project team is filling a Public Involvement Coordinator position for our office in Boise. This position will coordinate, create, edit, and expedite various communications messages and materials.
The Youth Empowerment Services (YES) project is an ongoing collaborative effort to implement a new system of care for Idaho children and youth with serious emotional disturbances. Implementation will result in improved access to community-based mental health services for an estimated 9,000 Idaho children, creating a mental health system that is more effective and efficient in empowering the mental wellness of children, youth, and their families. For more information about YES project initiatives, visit http://yes.idaho.gov/.
The Division of Behavioral Health will be filling several new positions related to the YES project. To see other current openings, click here.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Boise only. If you have previously applied for a Public Involvement Coordinator position and want to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
- Plan, research, and develop marketing materials that target specific audiences
- Work with the YES team members, contractors and stakeholders to determine appropriate messaging, timing, resources and methods to meet YES communication needs
- Coordinate the development of audio-visual materials
- Recommend and prepare content for public meetings, brochures, displays, news releases, and web content, in collaboration with the YES Communication workgroup and IDHW Public Information Office
- Update and revise the YES communication plan and website
- Manage the tracking, monitoring, and reporting of key project messages
- Prepare conference displays and other communications materials
- Facilitate meetings and development of work products with a variety of stakeholders
- Some knowledge of state and local government organization, structure and functions
- Some knowledge of audiovisual production techniques including video productions and still photography
- Experience promoting/marketing a product or program and coordinating a major public relations program or function
- Experience interpreting and translating technical or specialized material into information usable by the public
- Experience researching, composing, editing and laying out informational material
- Experience making oral presentations to groups
Additional Qualifications: Are not required, however, having the minimum qualifications and the education and/or experience below will increase your score.
- Experience with website development and/or maintenance. Typically gained through at least one year of related experience where this was a primary job function.
- Experience forming, facilitating, and coordinating cross functional groups of stakeholders for completing work products. Typically gained by at least two years of experience where forming, facilitating, and coordinating cross functional groups of internal and external stakeholders were primary responsibilities.
- Experience working in a health care delivery system. Typically gained through at least one year of experience working in a behavioral health or health care related setting.
There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant's eligibility. Click the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 63 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your responses or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register. How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select Health and Welfare under "Agencies", full-time under "Job Type/Shift", and Boise under "Cities".
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.