Our mission is to
promote and protect
the health and safety
To apply for this job:
For all Idaho state government jobs:
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Visit us online!
Learn about a career with IDHW:
Service Integration Research Analyst
Open for Recruitment: April 12, 2017 - April 26, 2017
Announcement # 05451077030
$16.00 - $20.00 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare's Division of Family and Community Services (FACS) has an opening for a Research Analyst located at our Central Office in downtown Boise. This position will provide research and data support to our Service Integration Program, which includes the Idaho 2-1-1 CareLine and Resource and Service Navigation. This position may also provide support for other programs in FACS, such as Children's Developmental Disabilities, Infant Toddler Program, and/or Child Welfare.
We are seeking a candidate with data collection and analysis experience, including the use of software such as Crystal Reports. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience creating/updating websites with software such as Dreamweaver or DotNetNuke. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel and Access is also desired. The incumbent will perform qualitative and quantitative research and writing projects involving data collection, data preparation, and preliminary analysis.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Boise only. If you have previously applied for Research Analyst and wish to be considered for this vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
- Research information and data
- Develop tools for collection of data
- Identify erroneous or questionable data using established methods and procedures to ensure quality of data collected
- Utilize established sampling techniques and select sample
- Identify problems with reporting systems and recommend changes
- Make recommendations for improving research procedures
- Edit and compile data manually or by computer program
- Review and correct data ensuring output is consistent with study
- Draft report of findings into format appropriate to various users
- Develop training related to data input, analysis, and application
- Collaborate with technology staff regarding systems testing and improvements
- Respond to requests for information on current and potential use of data and research system
- Knowledge of research methods and principles of statistics
- Experience writing analytical (research) reports or materials
- Experience using statistical software or spreadsheet software to perform statistical analysis
There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant's eligibility. Click the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 70 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your responses or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select Health and Welfare under "Agencies," full-time under "Job Type/Shift," and Boise under "Cities."
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.