Our mission is to
promote and protect
the health and safety
To apply for this job:
For all Idaho state government jobs:
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Visit us online!
Learn about a career with IDHW:
YES Project - Research Analyst, Senior
Research Analyst, Senior
Open for Recruitment: March 20, 2017 - April 3, 2017
Announcement # 05449060417
$20.00 - $23.00 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Division of Behavioral Health is recruiting for a Research Analyst, Sr. in support of the division’s Youth Empowerment Services (YES) project.
The Research Analyst, Sr. will assist in building capacity to use evaluation in strategy and decision making processes by developing and implementing evaluation models that account for key outcomes and program goals. The incumbent will implement data collection protocols (interviews, observations, etc.) and conduct analysis, develop reports, white papers, and presentations. The position will evaluate findings and identify opportunities for quality improvement and will develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive action plans. This position will participate in workgroups as a subject matter expert and advise internal/external stakeholders on evaluation and data reporting.
The Youth Empowerment Services (YES) project is an ongoing collaborative effort to implement a new system of care for Idaho children and youth with serious emotional disturbances. Implementation will result in improved access to community-based mental health services for an estimated 9,000 Idaho children, creating a mental health system that is more effective and efficient in empowering the mental wellness of children, youth, and their families. For more information about YES project initiatives, visit http://yes.idaho.gov/.
The Division of Behavioral Health will be filling several new positions related to the YES project. To see other current openings, click here.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Boise only. If you have previously applied for Research Analyst, Senior and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
- Identifies appropriate areas of research based on needs assessment or direction from management
- Researches and selects information systems/sources to be used for study; confers with information technology staff and approves implementation
- Consults with officials of state and federal agencies and private entities to coordinate development and design of research projects
- Compiles and disseminates research results in formats appropriate to various users and makes oral presentations of findings
- Reviews and updates data ensuring output is consistent with study; analyzes data and interprets trends and results of studies and develops conclusions
- Drafts and conducts surveys for internal and external department use
- Develops trainings related to data input, analysis, and application
- Collects annual and trend data for federal and state reporting on program enrollment and child outcomes
- Performs statistical analysis and develop models for prediction and forecasting
- Sustains methods for data quality and maintaining accuracy of database
- Attends trainings, conferences, and seminars to enrich data analysis techniques and remain updated on federal and state reporting requirements
- Develops and monitors contracts associated with data and reporting
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Good knowledge of research methods
Good knowledge of principles of statistics
Good knowledge of sampling theory and probability theory
Experience writing analytical (research) reports or materials
Experience compiling and analyzing statistical data and drawing conclusions
Experience using statistical software or spreadsheet software to perform statistical analysis
Experience interpreting and communicating (orally and in writing) statistical material into information usable by a target audience
Additional Qualifications: Are not required, however, having the minimum qualifications and the education and/or experience below will increase your score.
- Experience using SAS, R, SSRS, and/or SPSS for advanced analytics, multivariate analyses, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics. Typically gained through at least one year of related work experience as a primary job function.
- Experience using ArcGIS mapping software to analyze statewide client distribution, utilization of services, and staff and resource distribution. Typically gained through at least one year of related work experience as a primary job function.
- Experience working in a health care delivery system. Typically gained through at least one year of experience working in a behavioral health or health care related setting.
There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant's eligibility. Click the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 63 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your responses or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select Health and Welfare under "Agencies," full-time under "Job Type/Shift" and Boise under "Cities."
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.