Boise State University1910 University Dr.
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Financial Technician -170268
Open for Recruitment: March 17, 2017 - March 23, 2017
Announcement # 04248097049
$11.70 - $14.04 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY
School of Public ServicePOSITION OVERVIEW:
The purpose of the Financial Technician position will be to provide primary support in travel and vendor coordination, as well as relevant budget and expense support for all units within the School of Public Service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to working independently, making decisions, and providing information, communicating, collaborating, prioritizing, scheduling, and streamlining functions.
• Travel Coordination: Prepare travel authorization requests, coordinate travel arrangements, process expense reimbursements, process faculty requested expenses and track budget allocations. Researches travel options and ensure all transactions remain within compliance of Boise State processes and procedures. 60%
• Contractor & Vendor Coordination: Coordinate independent contractor classifications to include initiating contract for services, process payment requests, pre-authorize vendor activities related to departmental sponsored events. Ensure all transactions remain within compliance of Boise State processes and procedures. 15%
• Financial Administration & Budget Monitoring: Create journal entries, interdepartmental charges, invoices, deposit transmittals, budget transfers, and payment requests. Working with the Dean’s office and using PeopleSoft, Oracle Fusion Cloud, and various Boise State systems to monitor and maintain budget and expense information and prepare budget reports and projected expenses. Maintain departmental electronic filing recordkeeping system for all recordkeeping of all backup documentation, receipts, and reports and reconcile with budget detail report from PeopleSoft. Process p-card expenses and reconciliation reports (including necessary supporting documentation and forms, as applicable to expense type). Ensure all transactions remain within compliance of Boise State processes and procedures. 20%
• Collaboration & Office Administration: Collaborates with team members in completing additional adhoc reporting as required, including research and grants projects. Work with confidential information. Performs basic office support functions and miscellaneous duties as assigned. 5%MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience: researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports; using personal computers to enter, retrieve, and edit financial data.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Google Drive (docs, forms, spreadsheets)
Checklist/Education/Experience - You will receive a score based on your answers. Your resume or work history must support the answers you provide. Selecting answers that are not supported by your resume or work history may result in your removal from the hiring register.
You must receive a minimum rating of (100) to pass this examination. Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete. To preview the examination click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam please click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided.
The Basic User Excel Prove-It Exam may be used to confirm your software skills.
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. Your resume or work history must support the answers you provide. Selecting answers that are not supported by your resume or work history may result in your removal from the hiring register.
When updating your online application information, please select: Boise State University under "Agencies"; Boise under "Cities"; and all Conditions of Employment you are willing to work under "Job Type/Shift". Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
AA/EEO Statement - Boise State University is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet Institution, Veterans preference. For more information please click here.
Background Investigations - Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation and may require a credit and/or motor vehicle background investigation depending on the position. To view the University's full Background Investigations policy, click here.
Drug-Free Workplace - It is the policy of Boise State University to maintain a drug-free workplace and campus. For more information about this policy, please click here.
Boise State University is a SMOKE FREE campus. For more information please click here.
Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The 2015 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Boise State University is now available online at: http://security.boisestate.edu/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2015/09/2015-Annual-Security-and-Fire-Safety-Report-1.pdf
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.