Idaho State Police
700 South Stratford
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Open for Recruitment: March 20, 2017 - April 3, 2017
Announcement # 04248024182
$ 12.68 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The successful candidate must meet ISP's Drug Policy (see below) and will be required to complete a criminal history background investigation and polygraph, which includes drug screening. Employment is dependent upon satisfactory results of the investigation and polygraph.
- Independently perform specialized financial record keeping, maintenance, review, verification, and support functions
- Use bookkeeping methods and procedures to prepare work/spread sheets, standardize summaries and reports, and perform reconciliation
- Use automated systems and system software to enter, retrieve and edit financial data, and prepare financial documents
- Research accounting systems and records to identify and correct errors in financial transactions
- Has latitude in explaining and applying policies, procedures or regulations, and in determining if financial data meets compliance standards
- Good knowledge of financial record keeping methods.
- Experience: using computer application software to enter, retrieve, create, modify and produce financial data; preparing financial summaries and reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
The following are not required, but may increase your score on the examination (see questions 6 - 13 on the exam):
- Education or experience:
- Reconciling, balancing and proofing financial data.
- Independently applying policies, procedures or regulations in determining if financial transactions are in compliance.
- Contacting individuals outside my employer's business either in person or by telephone to explain and/or respond to inquiries dealing with financial transactions.
- Analyzing computer generated financial data and taking corrective action.
- Interpreting, applying, and explaining financial data both verbally and in writing including explaining concepts to non-technical people.
Education and Experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the spaces provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the exam, click on the “Preview Exam” link at the bottom of this page (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply: Click on any of the Apply Online buttons and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select Idaho State Police under "Agencies," full-time under "Job Type/Shift," and Meridian under "Cities"
Idaho State Police Drug Policy
Idaho State Police does not consider for employment, nor accept as a volunteer, any person who has:
- Used or possessed within the 5 year period immediately preceding application for ISP employment: LSD, PCP, heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, or designer drugs (e.g. ecstasy, synthetic cathinones, their chemical derivatives and synthetic equivalents, etc.); if use was prior to 5 years preceding application for employment, the following factors will be considered:
- (1) the frequency of the behavior;
- (2) the quantity of drugs involved; and
- (3) the type of drug;
- Used or possessed within the 3 year period immediately preceding application of ISP employment: marijuana, inhalants (huffing), anabolic steroids, hallucinogens (psilocybin mushrooms), or synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. spice, K2, etc.);
- On any occasion illegally manufactured or delivered a controlled substance;
- Used any illegal drug while employed in any law enforcement or prosecutorial agency;
- Been found guilty by a court or jury of driving under the influence of intoxicants within the 5 year period preceding application for ISP employment;
- Abused prescription drugs (case by case analysis).
Other involvement with illegal drugs may be a disqualifier. The Colonel of the Idaho State Police has the authority to make all final hiring decisions. Also, please note: ISP's procedure states that visible tattoos on the head, neck, or hands are prohibited and must either be removed or covered by an acceptable means that does not deter from the professional image.
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.