Department of Water Resources
322 E. Front St., P.O. Box 83720
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Open for Recruitment: February 17, 2017 - Open until further notice
Announcement # 03704085573
$24.00 - $32.00 /hr DOE
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Department of Water Resources is seeking an
to join the team in Boise!
This position supports the Department's programs in Water Rights and Safety of Dams. The Department currently has one opening at the State Office in Boise. The position is established at the Engineer, Staff level; however, the position may be under-filled at the Associate level (Announcement #03702059850) or at an Engineer In Training (EIT) level (Announcement #03700077449). Upon successful completion of qualification and experience requirements, the employee will be classified at the Engineer, Staff level. Please apply under the announcement for which you qualify.
- Coordinate collection of water discharge, water use and related data
- Provide customer assistance in water right applications and claims
- Perform technical review for water right applications and conduct licensing field exams
- Respond to public request for information or complaints
- Provide engineering and other technical assistance as needed for the Water Rights staff
- Conduct inspections of existing dams and monitor construction activities for new dams and hydraulic structures
- Perform limited technical engineering analysis related to dam design, hydrology and slope stability
- Engage dam owners and local emergency service providers to include dams and reservoirs in hazard assessment, communication and risk mitigation activities
- Licensed in Idaho as a Professional Engineer (PE), or eligibility for comity licensure by the Idaho Board of Professional Engineers in accordance with Idaho Code, Title 54, Chapter 12
- Valid Driver’s license
- Experience analyzing, interpreting and applying federal, state and local laws in application of engineering principles and practices
- Experience writing technical and engineering reports
- Experience evaluating, selecting and adapting standard engineering plans, specification and standards
- Experience coordinating field work and inspecting projects or facilities for compliance with standards
- Specialty Areas: Water Resource Management and / or Agriculture
Education and Experience. You must meet the minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Scoring is based on the information you provide. All answers to the questions on the checklist must be supported in the work history, resume, and / or education portion of your application. A minimum score of 70 is needed to pass. Test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
How to Apply:
Use the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions.
To be considered, please add/select the following:
Thank you for your interest in employment with the
Idaho Department of Water Resources!
For more information about employment at IDWR, please visit:
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.