Department of Water Resources
322 E. Front St., P.O. Box 83720
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Open for Recruitment: February 17, 2017 - Open until further notice
Announcement # 03702059850
$23.00 - $25.00/hr DOE
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Department of Water Resources is seeking an Engineer to join the team in Boise!
This position supports the Department's programs in Water Rights and Dam Safety. The Department currently has one opening at the State Office in Boise. This position is established at the Engineer, Staff level (Announcement #03704085573); however the position may be under-filled by applying under this Announcement at the Associate level or at an Engineer In Training level (Announcement #03700077449). Please apply under the Announcement that best fits your qualifications. Upon successful completion of qualification and experience requirements, the employee will be classified at the Engineer, Staff level. Typical Responsibilities:
- Coordinate collection of water discharge, water use and related data
- Provide customer assistance in water right applications and claims
- Perform technical review for water right applications and conduct licensing field exams
- Respond to public requests for information or complaints
- Provide engineering and other technical assistance as needed for the water rights staff
- Conduct inspections of existing dams and monitor construction activities for new dams and hydraulic structures
- Perform limited technical engineering analysis related to dam design, hydrology and slope stability
- Engage dam owners and local emergency service providers to include dams and reservoirs in hazard assessment, communication, and risk mitigation activities
- Certification by the Idaho Board of Professional Engineers as an EIT OR certification from another jurisdiction that included graduation from a 4-year engineering curriculum accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (EAC/ABET) / AND 2 years of EIT experience in the following areas:
- Reading and interpreting engineering plans, specifications and standards on projects
- Interpreting and applying federal, state and local laws when applying standard engineering principles and practices
- Coordinating field work and inspecting projects or facilities for compliance with standards
- Water Resource Management
- Valid Driver's license
Education and Experience. You must meet the minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Scoring is based on the information you provide. All answers to the questions on the checklist must be supported in the work history, resume, and / or education portion of your application. A minimum score of 85 is needed to pass. Test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
How to Apply:
Use the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions.
To be considered, please add/select the following:
Department of Water Resources under "Agencies"
Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift"
Boise under "Cities"
Thank you for your interest in employment with the
Idaho Department of Water Resources!
For more information about employment at IDWR, please visit:
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.