Idaho Transportation Department3311 W. State St., P.O. Box 7129
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Transportation Technician Principal, Engineering
Open for Recruitment: March 14, 2017 - March 29, 2017
Announcement # 03643068424
*$19.72- $24.65 Per Hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Idaho Transportation Department
Our Mission. Your Safety. Your Mobility. Your Economic Opportunity.
Are you interested in working for an award-winning, dynamic, professional state agency? This opening may be your opportunity to use your knowledge, skills, and ability to promote the mission of Idaho Transportation Department.
We are currently recruiting for a Transportation Technician Principal, Engineer to join our District 3, Boise. This position requires working knowledge in several areas of ITD survey operations.
If you have previously applied for Transportation Technician Principal, Engineering and wish to be considered for the current opening, you must re-apply. Previous scores will not be used.
- Read and interpret complex roadway plans including those employing metric units to determine alignments, right-of-way, elevations, grades, slopes and surfaces;
- Read and interpret topographic, hydrographic and USGS and NGS control maps and charts to determine contours, drainage and horizontal control point location;
- Provide assistance to the survey crew by reviewing work and detailing additional work required;
- Review and evaluate mapping information for gaps and areas not surveyed to proper limits;
- Perform as a survey crew member in the field;
- Assure that safe work practices are used and basic first aid is available at the work site;
- Determine and verify traverse and level run closures, areas and grade data;
- Upload and download electronic field collector data using standard personal computer and related equipment and software;
- Maintain and update files, manuals and records as designated;
- Takes, records, reduces and checks manual survey field notes;
- Follow written and verbal communications;
- Capable of traversing rough and steep terrain;
- Experience with higher math and science skills
- Experience with CADD/MicroStation
- Valid driver's license; some positions require a commercial driver's license
- Good knowledge of: contract preparation, or administration, or compliance
- Experience: reviewing work and training others in methods and procedures of specialty area
- Good knowledge of advance surveying practices used in location and construction surveys; state plane coordinate system.
- Experience: performing location and construction surveys; planning and organizing work crews with appropriate equipment and materials.
How to Apply:
- Education and Experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the spaces provided in the examination
- You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing minimum requirements to qualify for this position
- Scoring will be based on the information you provide
- A minimum rating of 70 is needed to pass this examination
- Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete
- Click on the Apply Online button to the left
- Follow the instructions provided
- Complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position
- Idaho Transportation Department under "Agencies"
- Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
If your name has been certified to a hiring list for possible consideration, you will see it listed in the Hiring Lists section of your online application. Supervisors review application materials prior to scheduling interviews. Those applicants who will be offered an interview may receive a phone call, letter or email to schedule a time, be sure your contact information is up to date and accurate. Having your name certified to a hiring list is not a guarantee that you will be contacted for an interview, it simply means you are one of the applicants being considered.
When updating your online application information, you must complete/update all items in the Application Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, Job Type. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the
Idaho Transportation Department!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.