The Idaho State Tax Commission is recruiting for a Geographic Information System Analyst, Senior in Boise
This is a senior level position. At this level, incumbents are able to plan, design, conduct and oversee GIS/Cadastral training, development and analysis of projects, and provide county support. The successful candidate will serve as a Tax Commission training professional in GIS/Cadastral technologies and applications and work extensively with mapping personnel. Travel is required 10-15% of the time.
• Plan, design, develop and conduct Idaho State Tax Commission county mapping training and curriculum
• Design, oversee and troubleshoot digital land records management systems
• Plan, design, conduct and develop major GIS and cadastral projects
• Research GIS proposals and cadastral methodologies
• Solve complex technical problems and provide functional guidance in the area of cadastral mapping and GIS specific projects
• Serve as senior technical advisor on application and implementation of GIS and digital cartography methodologies
• Perform digital computer-assisted mapping and database functions
• Serve as the technical expert for GIS/CAMA applications and methodologies
• Considerable knowledge of GIS technology including analysis, data capture, data conversion and cartographic principles
• Good knowledge of computer programming languages such as Visual Basic, Fortran, C#, AML, Python or an object oriented language; and relational database management systems
• Experience planning, designing and implementing GIS projects and preparing reports of findings; operating, and applying and programming ESRI software products in a work environment
• Good knowledge of GIS/CAMA applications, digital cartography, remote sensing, geodesy and photogrammetry
• Experience: working with cadastral mapping applications, utilizing COGO and land surveying concepts; and creating spatial Internet applications; and teaching/training adults in group settings and one-on-one
All candidates being considered for employment with the Tax Commission must successfully complete a comprehensive background check, including fingerprinting, before a final job offer will be given. Individuals must be a current tax filer and be in full compliance with their tax obligations to be an employee of the Idaho State Tax Commission.
Training and Experience. Respond to the examination questions based on your training and experience directly related to this position. Scoring will be based on your responses. Applicants must receive a minimum rating of 56 to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online, after the closing date, when the review process is complete.
To preview the examination click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam you click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select:
• Idaho State Tax Commission under "Agencies"
• Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
• Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online information, you are encouraged to complete/update all items in the Application Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, and Job Type. Without this information, your name may not be referred to the hiring agency.
Veteran's preference is given to qualified candidates
The Idaho State Tax Commission is an equal opportunity employer