Boise State University1910 University Dr.
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Library Assistant 2
Open for Recruitment: March 9, 2017 - March 23, 2017
Announcement # 02929076518
$11.70 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY
IMPORTANT: The hours for this position is 3:15pm to 12:15am Sunday through Thursday. You MUST select "Shift" when completing part 6 of your application or your name will not appear on the hiring list. The position will include a 5% shift differential.
This position is in the Access Services unit of Albertsons Library. The Access Services unit is responsible for item borrowing, technology lending, building safety, stacks maintenance, course reserves, and basic reference. The unit staffs the Circulation Desk during library operating hours and shares in public services duties including chat reference. This position may have areas of responsibilities in either fines and fees billing and patron record maintenance, or in stacks maintenance and collection inventory. The successful candidate will have demonstrated aptitude for working with a diverse group of patrons in a busy customer service environment, good communications skills, and flexibility to work within a changing environment.
- Solve user concerns, provide polite and efficient user interactions and circulation services.
- Accurately processing and organizing patron records and patron fines.
- Accurately maintains library stacks by following established best practices for collection inventories.
- Closing the library building during assigned shifts.
- Participate in unit communication, planning, service, work and organization.
- Shares in supervision and training of student assistants for Access Services.
- Good knowledge of: current library organization, terminology and functions.
- Some knowledge of: supervisory practices.
- Experience: using and applying bibliographic and other library information sources, in printed and computerized format; using a bibliographic utility or in-house automated library system to perform acquisitions, cataloging or serials work; compiling and analyzing information and writing a summary in a work setting; using computer applications software.
Work experience in a library Circulation or Access Services unit.
Experience in supervising or organizing the work of student workers, volunteers, or other employees.
Examination: Respond to the examination questions based on your training and experience directly related to this position. Scoring will be based on your responses. Applicants must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination. Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the examination click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam you click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided.
How to apply:
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to select the following items when completing your application. Without this information your name cannot be referred to the hiring Agency.
- Boise State University under "Agencies"
- Full-time employment and Shift under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. Click here to read the Boise State University Safety Report.
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in employment with
Boise State University!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.