Division of Building Safety1090 E. Watertower St. Suite 150
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
1 (800) 955-3044
Licensing & Permitting Program Manager
Administrative Services Manager
Open for Recruitment: March 17, 2017 - March 27, 2017
Announcement # 02914027692
$23.60 - $31.46 per hour, depending on experience
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Idaho Division of Building Safety is looking for a manager to oversee all statewide operations within the Licensing & Permitting Program.
Located in our main office in Meridian, this full-time position is responsible for the management and supervision of fifteen professional staff, including two in Coeur d’Alene and two in Pocatello. Occasional overnight travel within the state is therefore a requirement of this position.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Managing all statewide operations within the licensing & permitting program;
- Supervising a team of professional employees located in three separate state offices;
- Working closely with other DBS program managers in developing solutions to technical program issues, and establishing and implementing effective policies and procedures within the licensing & permitting program that align with other DBS programs;
- Interfacing with DBS information technology staff in the develop and maintenance of automated systems;
- Interpreting laws, rules, policies, and procedures and providing answers and feedback to agency employees, DBS board members, legislators, contractors, professional tradespeople, and members of the public as it relates to the licensing & permitting program;
- Serving as a member of the DBS management team, and coordinating with DBS senior management to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
- Good knowledge of management practices;
- Good knowledge of equal employment opportunity/affirmative action concepts and legal requirements;
- Experience supervising a professional staff;
- Experience interpreting and implementing policies, laws, rules, or regulations;
- Experience interpreting and analyzing statistical and financial information and identifying problems;
- Experience preparing technical reports for use by management;
- Experience developing, monitoring and submitting budget reports;
- Experience making oral presentations before groups.
State law requires that anyone applying for a classified state job take an examination to determine their qualifications for the position they are applying for. It is also used to rank applicants by their level of qualification.
The examination for this position is a review of your related training and experience. You will receive a score based on your responses, all of which must be supported by the resume or detailed work history you must include with your exam. You must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination.
To preview the minimum qualifications for this position, click on the Preview Exam button below. (You will not be able to apply from this screen. Please follow the directions under "To Apply" below).
Click on any Apply Online button (located on the left side of this screen) and follow the instructions provided to complete the application information and examination for this position.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Division of Building Safety under "Agencies";
- Full-Time under "Job Type/Shift";
- Meridian under "Cities".
Applicants for this position may be required to undergo a background check before a final job offer is made. This background check may include any of the following:
- Previous employment background check;
- Criminal history background check;
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Idaho Division of Building Safety!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.