Division of Veterans Services
351 Collins Rd
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Dietary Aide, Senior
Open for Recruitment: January 4, 2017 - June 30, 2017
Announcement # 02188032758
$10.00 - $11.25 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Location(s): Boise, Lewiston, Pocatello
Division of Veterans Services - Caring for America's Heroes
NOW OFFERING MORE COMPETITIVE WAGES!!!
This announcement will be used to fill any immediate and future openings with the Division of Veterans Services. Hiring lists are requested periodically as vacancies occur. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
There are positions located in Boise, Lewiston and Pocatello.
In order to protect the safety of vulnerable adults, the Idaho Division of Veterans Services (IDVS) may require applicants to pass a criminal history background investigation after a conditional offer of employment.
Dietary Aide, Senior positions require shift work, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays. In addition, these positions require working around steam and cooking heat, and involve bending, stooping and standing for up to five hours per day. This work involves lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. Incumbents in these positions will be required to work around residents.
- Cleans and sanitizes the kitchen, wash dishes/pots and pans, cleans dining and storage areas, and utensils and equipment
- Prepares food, sets up, portions and delivers meals
- Keeps dining areas stocked and clean for client use
- Prepares salads, fresh vegetables and fruit, beverages, snacks, juice, and salad dressings
- Cleans, cuts, chops, dices, slices, and purees foods and slices and portions breads, cakes, and pies
- Operates appliances and makes sandwiches, prepares sack lunches, and assists cooks
- Sets up dining areas and salad bar, portions food on serving line, and weighs and measures food for special diets
- Good knowledge of sanitation and safety practices used in food handling
- Good knowledge of equipment and devices (appliances) used in food preparation
- Experience operating and cleaning kitchen equipment
- Experience cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas
Checklist. You will receive a score based on your responses. All responses must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application. You must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination. Exam results are available immediately online when you complete and submit your exam.
To preview the exam, click on the "Preview Exam" link below (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select Division of Veterans Services under "Agencies", Full-Time under "Job Type/Shift," and Boise , Lewiston or Pocatello under "Cities."
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.