Our mission is to
promote and protect
the health and safety
To apply for this job:
For all Idaho state government jobs:
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Dietary Aide, Senior
Open for Recruitment: May 29, 2014 - Open until further notice
Announcement # 02188005629
$9.00 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Location(s): Blackfoot, Orofino
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is accepting applications for Dietary Aide, Senior positions. This announcement may be used to fill vacancies at State Hospital North (Orofino) and State Hospital South (Blackfoot).
These positions may require shift work, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
This announcement may be used to fill future Dietary Aide, Senior positions of all types (permanent, temporary, etc.). When applying, please check all job types/shifts that you are willing to consider.
The positions require working around steam and cooking heat, and involve bending, stooping and standing for up to five hours per day. This work also involves lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds, and working around patients.
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
- Prepares food; sets up, portions and delivers meals
- Keeps dining areas stocked and clean for client use
- Prepares salads, fresh vegetables and fruit, beverages, snacks, juice, and salad dressings
- Cleans, cuts, chops, dices, slices, and purees foods and slices and portions breads, cakes, and pies
- Operates appliances and makes sandwiches, prepares sack lunches, and assists cooks
- Sets up dining areas and salad bar, portions food on serving line, and weighs and measures food for special diets
- Cleans and sanitizes the kitchen, dining and storage areas, and utensils and equipment
- Good knowledge of sanitation and safety practices used in food handling
- Good knowledge of equipment and devices (appliances) used in food preparation
- Experience operating and cleaning kitchen equipment
- Experience cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas
Exam:There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant’s eligibility. Click the “Preview Exam” button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 70 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your response or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select Health and Welfare under "Agencies," all job types/shifts you are willing to consider under "Job Type/Shift," and Orofino and/or Blackfoot under "Cities."
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.