Idaho State University921 South 8th Ave Stop 8107
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
CUSTODIAN LEADWORKER/EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE
Open for Recruitment: March 16, 2017 - March 30, 2017
Announcement # 02008027004
$11.20 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Department: Facilities ServicesResponsibilities:
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, per operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools.
· Inform workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitor compliance.
· Repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
· Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt with warehouse.
· Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Provides equipment maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
· Prepares equipment maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
· Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Shift will generally be 11 am to 8:30 pm but can and will change to weekend work and different times as required to support department. This position reports directly to the Custodial Services Manager.
Good knowledge of: the methods, materials, and equipment used in heavy-duty custodial work including related safety practices; cleaning agents and related products and their possible reactions.
Some knowledge of: supervisory practices; sanitation and infection control; training methods used in custodial work.
Experience: operating industrial-type high-speed cleaning equipment; performing minor maintenance on custodial equipment; using hand tools to repair cleaning equipment; explaining the use and maintenance of custodial equipment.
Previous experience in custodial equipment repair or Machine Repair. MS Office proficiency; Work Management System. Team Leadership experience.
You will receive a score based on your answers to the questions on the exam. Notification of your test results will be available online once the exam has been reviewed and a rating assigned. If at any time during the screening/scoring process your responses or resume do not support the answers you provided; your name will be removed from the register.
To preview the examination, click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam, click the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided.
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Information and Exam for this position. If you are unable to use the Apply Online process, you must respond to the exam questions on this announcement and complete a State of Idaho Application.
When completing your online application information, please select Idaho State University under "Agencies," Full-time under "Job Type/Shift" and Pocatello under "Cities. When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. (This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type.) Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
ISU PUBLIC SAFETY JEANNE CLERY ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
Idaho State University's Jeanne Clery report, federally required reporting, provides crime, arrest and fire statistics for the previous three years that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by Idaho State University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies about alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, personal practices, disciplinary procedures, fire safety and other matters. This report can be accessed on the following website: ISU Clery Report
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.