Idaho State Police700 South Stratford
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
IT Network Analyst, Senior
Open for Recruitment: April 19, 2017 - May 3, 2017
Announcement # 01635078739
$25.24 - $32.40 per hour DOE
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation and polygraph examination, which includes drug screening. Please see the ISP Drug Policy at the end of this announcement.
- Designs, maintains, implements and troubleshoots local/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), data communications networks and wireless networks to meet the needs of ISP and supported agencies. .
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP stack and Internet Protocols (IP) and its application in data, network, wireless, and voice systems.
- Prepares specifications and plans for implementation of new or enhanced networks.
- Resolves user and system problems.
- Monitors and evaluates network utilization and performance.
- Oversees modifications to enhance network operating efficiency and ensure operating problems are resolved.
- Designs, configures, and coordinates router installation, router software upgrades, and connections of site to Ethernet, T1, Fiber and Serial connections.
- Build and maintain AMP, Firepower, ASA Firewalls, and Cisco Firewalls.
- Work closely with other technical team members to ensure proper network operations.
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance is performed, all network equipment complies with industry and regulatory standards, and license compliance is maintained.
- Travel to other campus locations around the State of Idaho as needed to ensure optimal network performance and availability.
- Perform advanced capacity planning, assessment of network risks, and participate with team members in ongoing projects where network system configurations could be involved.
- Perform set-up and configuration of Cisco wireless controllers and access points.
Independently installing structured wiring systems in accordance with international standards.
Supporting one or more network operating systems.
Working with data networking technologies in multiple locations.
Installing, administering and configuring multi-protocol routers, wireless access points and layer 2 switches.
Troubleshooting, isolating, and interpreting performance problems in a multiple protocol environment.
Serving as a project leader and team member on a multi-phase project.
Experience configuring Cisco routing and switching equipment in LAN, WAN, MPLS and wireless environments.
Good knowledge of Ethernet and fiber.
Strong knowledge of routing and switching protocols including but not limited to OSPF, BGP, spanning tree, VRRP, HSRP, MPLS, and EIGRP.
Good knowledge in Cisco ISE and Cisco Prime.
Experience developing and maintaining network documents.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to other non-technical users.
Demonstrate a high degree of service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
Examination: Education and Experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question to qualify for this position. Your score will be based on the information you provide. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.TO APPLY: Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application and exam. Type or copy and paste your customized resume into the field provided under the Qualifications & Exams section of the Application. When updating your online application information, please select Idaho State Police under "Agencies," full-time under "Job Type/Shift," and Meridian under "Cities."
Idaho State Police Drug Policy
Idaho State Police does not consider for employment, nor accept as a volunteer, any person who has:
- Used or possessed within the 5 year period immediately preceding application for ISP employment: LSD, PCP, heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, or designer drugs (e.g. ecstasy, synthetic cathinones, their chemical derivatives and synthetic equivalents, etc.); if use was prior to 5 years preceding application for employment, the following factors will be considered:
(1) the frequency of the behavior;
(2) the quantity of drugs involved; and
(3) the type of drug;
- Used or possessed within the 3 year period immediately preceding application of ISP employment: marijuana, inhalants (huffing), anabolic steroids, hallucinogens (psilocybin mushrooms), or synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. spice, K2, etc.);
- On any occasion illegally manufactured or delivered a controlled substance;
- Used any illegal drug while employed in any law enforcement or prosecutorial agency;
- Been found guilty by a court or jury of driving under the influence of intoxicants within the 5 year period preceding application for ISP employment;
- Abused prescription drugs (case by case analysis).
Other involvement with illegal drugs may be a disqualifier. The Colonel of the Idaho State Police has the authority to make all final hiring decisions.
Also, please note: ISP's procedure states that visible tattoos on the head, neck, or hands are prohibited and must either be removed or covered by an acceptable means that does not deter from the professional image.
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.