Department of Water Resources322 E. Front St., P.O. Box 83720
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
IT Database Analyst, Senior
Open for Recruitment: February 9, 2017 - Open until further notice
Announcement # 01623041618
$25.00- $29.25 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The IT Database Analyst, Senior will plan, design, develop, and maintain large complex Microsoft SQL 2008 or later databases supporting agency-wide applications, both internally written and third party.
- Designs, develops, installs, and tests new, enhanced, or purchased database systems to support the agency's enterprise data structure.
- Ensure the security, quality, and integrity of data resources.
- Research and create new and innovative ideas for solving the most complex design and installation problems on large, complex systems that interface with other major database systems.
- Ensure compatibility and efficiency of database applications.
- Experience with ESRI/GIS databases.
- Oversee and enforce standards and procedures for use and backup.
- Train staff in data cataloging and library procedures.
- Consults with and advises top management on database systems.
- Maintains Microsoft database environments.
- Develops security requirements for online applications.
- Resolving complex database problems on various applications within an agency.
- Participating on a project team as a Database Analyst in a leadership role.
- Conducting research and writing reports on database issues for management considerations.
- Providing technical assistance on database management systems to management, clients, and other IT staff.
- Conducting training for agency management and IT staff on database operations.
Note: Successful candidates must have at least eight years in the information technology (IT) field to include five (5) years at the IT Database Analyst level, or equivalent, and meet the following requirements. Experience must have been gained within the last ten (10) years.
Training and Experience: Respond to the examination questions based on your training and experience directly related to this position. Scoring will be based on your responses. Applicants must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination. Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete.
How to Apply: Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Department of Water Resources under "Agencies";
- Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift";
- Boise under "Cities".
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN EMPLOYMENT WITH THE IDAHO DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.