Idaho Transportation Department3311 W. State St., P.O. Box 7129
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Open for Recruitment: April 12, 2017 - April 28, 2017
Announcement # 01535042879
*$13.37- $16.71 Per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Our Mission. Your Safety. Your Mobility. Your Economic Opportunity.
If you are a career minded and driven to succeed, the Buyer Trainee position may be the career for you!
The Buyer Trainee position is used for recruitment and training purposes for the Buyer; full-working level of this position. Through various types of on-the-job training, the employee will learn to carry out the duties of a Buyer. Typically the full-working level requires one (1) year of experience as a Trainee or equivalent work experience. Trainees are expected to apply his/her technical knowledge and training while learning the state laws and department policies and procedures necessary to achieve the expertise and independence of the journeyman level - Buyer.
- Purchases supplies, services, materials and equipment.
- Researches and performs value analysis on products, services and equipment.
- Determines product, equipment, and service requirements and methods of acquisition.
- Prepares and evaluates bids, records bid information including vendor price, payment terms, and delivery.
- Prepares specifications, selects vendors, and requests written bids/telephone quotes on purchases within delegated authority (which may include value analysis, life cycle costing, and weighted value procedures for purchases).
- Advises users about product and service availability, specification preparation, and on legal requirements, policies, and procedures for procurement.
- Maintain inventory control and order supplies for stockroom.
- Assist in auction preparation and property disposal.
- Some knowledge of purchasing procedures.
- Experience: operating a personal computer; interpreting and applying laws, rules and regulations; preparing detailed written material; collecting and recording information.
Education and Experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 70 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To Preview the Examination click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to take the exam from this screen. If you wish to take the exam you click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.When completing your online application information, please select:
- Idaho Transportation Department under "Agencies"
- Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift"
- Shoshone under "Cities."
If your name has been certified to a hiring list for possible consideration, you will see it listed in the Hiring Lists section of your online application. Supervisors review application materials prior to scheduling interviews. Those applicants who will be offered an interview may receive a phone call, letter or email to schedule a time. Be sure your contact information is up to date and accurate. Having your name certified to a hiring list is not a guarantee that you will be contacted for an interview; it simply means you may be considered for an interview.
When updating your online application information, you must complete/update all items in the Application Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, Job Type. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the
Idaho Transportation Department!
Some positions may require a background investigation before a final job offer is made.
*ITD typically hires at the minimum starting salary listed on the job announcement.
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.