Boise State University
1910 University Dr.
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Administrative Assistant 1 - 170355
Administrative Assistant 1
Open for Recruitment: April 12, 2017 - April 26, 2017
Announcement # 01235041011
$11.70 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Boise State University
College of Business and Economics
The Administrative Assistant Provide administrative support for the Career Services staff for the College of Business and Economics (COBE) Student Services Center. This position acts as liaison between students, employers and COBE Career Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer questions from callers and visitors and respond to walk-in customer questions. Department’s first line representative
• Provide students with accurate information about where to find online internships and career boards
• Send reminders to student of appointments and upcoming workshops
• Reviews individual circumstances and provides information to the Director regarding exception requests
• First point of contact for new, inquiring employers.
• Manages calendars and appointments for two Career Services staff; includes room reservations, presentation equipment, catering, etc.
• Make travel reservations including flights, hotels, and car rental
• Process travel requests and reconcile travel charges and receipts
• Assist with setting up on-campus student interviews with employers
• Maintains accurate calendar of yearly projects and uses to project work plans and prepare for various needs of each project.
• Send mass e-mails to specific target groups
• Compose correspondence including letters, e-mails, and documents for supervisor’s signature
• Edit, finalize formatting and make arrangements for printing of materials such as brochures, posters, and fliers
• Respond to e-mail inquiries from employers and students.
• Sell tickets, receive registration and sponsorship fees and deposit them to local account
• Bill departments for group ticket sales • Maintain and monitor financial records
• Research, analyze and compile information and prepare financial reports for Director
• Reconcile local account and p-card account
• Purchase supplies and equipment for the department
• Research and resolve purchase and/or budget problems.
• Interview, hire, train, schedule, supervise and assigns task workload to student office assistant if needed.
• Safeguard highly confidential information and assure that the staff follows appropriate protocol, as well.
• Develop and maintain Etiquette Dinner student and guest list and arrange seating assignments
• Order all necessary supplies for Professional Networking Week and Career Fairs
• Assist during office sponsored events
• Conduct graduate follow up surveys by phone, up to 200+ phone calls
- Good knowledge of office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception, gathering and compiling data, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects.
• Basic accounting skills
• Awareness of working environment
• High level of personal initiative and ability to adapt to changing environment
• Proficient use of Excel
Minimum Qualifications and Extra Credit. Questions 1 and 9 are the minimum qualifications for this position. The remaining questions are extra credit questions that are not required to pass the exam, however answering them may improve your overall exam score. You must receive a minimum score of 20 to pass the exam and be put on the register for this position. Notification of your test results will be available online once you have completed each part of the exam.
To preview the minimum qualifications screening exam (Part 1), click on the "Preview Exam" link below (you will not be able to answer the questions from this screen). If you wish to proceed, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and the exam.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Boise State University under "Agencies"
- Full Time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, complete/update all items in the Application Checklist. (This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type.) Without this information your name cannot be referred to the hiring Agency.
Boise State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Boise State University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. As a federal contractor, the University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. View Boise State's complete Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact Human Resources at 208-426-1616.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. Click here to read the Boise State University Safety Report.
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in employment with
Boise State University!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.