Boise State University1910 University Dr.
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Administrative Assistant 2 - General Counsel
Administrative Assistant 2
Open for Recruitment: March 13, 2017 - March 27, 2017
Announcement # 01231028407
Starting at $13.66 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY
Office of the General CounselThe position provides a broad range of office and executive support functions, including oversight of many of the business functions within the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), its support staff, resources and services. The incumbent will serve and assist General Counsel to provide information, documentation, internal operating procedures and policies.
Duties to include:
Administration / Office Management and Support
• Incumbent serves as the chief liaison between the OGC and staff in the President's Office, other Campus offices and off-campus entities, to coordinate response/s in an appropriate and expeditious manner. If necessary, route inquires to appropriate individuals; follow-up through resolution or completion of issue.
• Incumbent is a liaison between city officials, outside attorneys and courts.
• As primary representative for OGC, this position is the “go to" person on issues relating to personnel, budget and other operations that pertain to the OGC team.
• Manages logistics in a busy office environment: planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating legal matters and file management, special projects; identifying problems, defining alternatives and developing recommendations for management.
Works closely with the Contract Administrator to help manage document review and approval processes, as well as storage and retention.
Maintains/updates Office of the General Counsel website using WordPress.
• Manages General Counsel's calendar. Prioritize requests for time and reorganize/reschedule commitments in response to critical requests or needs for executive action.
• Schedules meetings for members of the Office General Counsel.
• Updates monthly litigation reports for State Board of Education using office records, State Repository and online state and federal court online system (Pacer).
• Coordinates executive travel, monitor travel expenses; and review and approve final reimbursement on behalf of the General Counsel.
• Manages financial operations of the OGC department including preparation and maintenance of budget, records, documents and reports.
• Monitors Immigration and Legal Expenses.
• Reviews invoices and authorize payments, budget transfers and journal entries, process purchase requisitions.
• Audits monthly statements to ensure all revenue and expenses are accurate and consistent with departmental budget, University policies and procedures.
Human Resource Management
• Provides support for and some management over human resource processes to ensure compliance with budget.
• Initiates all new hire and change requests with HRS and employment paperwork using University systems such as BPARs, EAFs and MOUs.
• Coordinates employee contract dissemination.
- Good knowledge of office support functions including word processing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; reception; and researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
Experience interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting; coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
- Knowledge of law office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and of the content, organization and format of legal documents and correspondence.
Ability to maintain the high measure of confidentiality expected in a law office environment, and to use diplomacy and discretion in providing information and in referring and directing callers and visitors.
Good knowledge of database management (Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Google Docs and Sheets), electronic file management; and preparing Audio Visual equipment for training.
Proficiency in drafting and communicating effectively by email composition.
Experience with reception oversight.
Examination: Minimum Qualifications and Extra Credit. Questions 1, 2 and 5 are the minimum qualifications for this position. Questions 3 and 4 are extra credit questions that are not required to pass the exam, however answering them may improve your overall exam score. You must receive a minimum score of 17 to pass the exam and be put on the register for this position. Notification of your test results will be available online once you have completed each part of the exam. To preview the exam click on the "Preview Exam" link below (you will not be able to answer the questions from this screen). If you wish to proceed, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply:
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Boise State University under "Agencies"
- Full Time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, complete/update all items in the Application Checklist. (This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type.) Without this information your name cannot be referred to the hiring Agency.
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation and may require a credit and/or motor vehicle background investigation depending on the position. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. Click here to read the Boise State University Safety Report.
Thank you for your interest in employment with
Boise State University!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.