PO Box 83720
Boise ID 83720-0066
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Office Specialist 1
Open for Recruitment: April 11, 2017 - April 24, 2017
Announcement # 01114073508
$9.35 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
This position serves as first-line support for the Idaho Commission for Libraries.
If you are interested in the current opening, you must apply to this announcement. Previous applications will not be considered.
- Multi-line telephone answering, answering routine questions
- Receiving visitors to the agency
- Distribution of First-Class mail to employees of the agency
- Data entry and operation of word processing and spreadsheet software, including producing merged documents, labels, tables, and forms
- Support for agency projects, including stickering books, collating materials, preparing mailings, and gathering information
- Sorting, coding and filing
- Work independently and with little or no direct supervision for recurring tasks
- Verify documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Knowledge of filing documents numerically, alphabetically or by subject
- Experience checking, proofing, sorting, or coding information or documents
- Knowledge of basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
Checklist. You will receive a score based on your responses. All responses must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application. You must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination. Exam results are available immediately online when you complete and submit your exam.
To preview the exam, click on the “Preview Exam” link below (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select:
- Idaho Commission for Libraries under "Agencies"
- Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist (this includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job Type/Shift). Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.