Idaho State Board of Veterinary Medicine
PO Box 7249, 2270 Old Penitentiary Rd
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Office Specialist 1
Open for Recruitment: March 16, 2017 - March 27, 2017
Announcement # 01114061092
$12.00 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
The Idaho State Board of Veterinary Medicine's mission is to promote the public health, safety and welfare by safeguarding the people and animals of this state by establishing and enforcing professional standards in the licensure and regulation of veterinary health professionals.
The Idaho State Board of Veterinary Medicine is currently recruiting for an Office Specialist 1 located in Boise, ID. This position is part-time (24 hours per week) and is scheduled to work three days per week.
Purpose: To perform routine office support duties which require knowledge of office policies and procedures; perform related work as directed by the Executive Director and Technical Records Specialist II.
- Assists with certification and training sessions for certified euthanasia technicians
- Organization and maintenance of electronic and paper files
- Performs receptionist duties as needed, including answering phones and assisting constituents with routine requests
- Provides non-technical information and/or refers constituents to appropriate staff when more in-depth assistance is required
- Assists Executive Director with special projects, as needed
- Opens and sorts mail
- Assists with annual licensing and certification of veterinarians, certified veterinary technicians, and receives and processes new license applications
- Data entry
- Conducts inventories and orders supplies
- Proofreads documents when necessary
- Other duties as needed
Minimum Qualifications: These qualifications are mandatory requirements.
- Some knowledge of filing documents numerically, alphabetically or by subject
- Some knowledge of basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Experience checking, proofing, sorting, or coding information or documents
Specialty Qualifications: These qualifications are mandatory requirements.
- Word processing skills
- Experience with data entry
Preferred Qualifications: These qualifications are not required, but are preferred.
- Some experience with state government regulatory agency
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
Examination: Checklist. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each minimum qualification question to qualify for this position. You will receive a score based on your responses. You must receive a minimum rating of 62 to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete. To preview the exam, click on the “Preview Exam” link below (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply: Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please select/add:
- Board of Veterinary Medicine under "Agencies,"
- Part-Time under "Job Type/Shift," and
- Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you must complete/update all items in the Application Checklist. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency. Items in the Application Checklist to include:
Thank you for your interest in the Board of Veterinary Medicine!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.