Boise State University1910 University Dr.
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Technical Records Specialist 1 (170397)
Technical Records Specialist 1
Open for Recruitment: April 18, 2017 - May 2, 2017
Announcement # 01104086397
$11.70 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Boise State University
Student Financial Services
The Technical Records Specialist 1 position has the primary responsibility of processing student payments and departmental deposits. This position provides excellent customer service to students, faculty/staff, parents, and the general public.
A broad knowledge of all university processes and procedures is required to assist students, parents, faculty/staff, and the general public with a wide variety of questions they may have. This position counsels students on fee appeals, drop dates, holds, and deadlines. Accurate information is critical, wrong information could adversely impact the customer. Strong analytical skills are required.
· Analyzing student payments to determine how payment is to be posted to student accounts
· Ensuring refunds are posted in PeopleSoft and receipt is generated
· Reviewing departmental deposit transmittals for accuracy and validating currency
· Ensuring payments are posted to PeopleSoft and receipt is generated
· Printing student refund checks daily
· Reconciles cash drawer to the control totals out of PeopleSoft daily
· Processing bank deposits daily
· Other miscellaneous duties/projects as assigned
· Monitoring a records system to identify and correct errors
· Researching a variety of sources to resolve problems
· Interpreting, explaining and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments
· Entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system
· A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and with a diverse range of people
· A high degree of professionalism and dependability
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience working in a technical or processing capacity in a college office setting
· Ability to manage a changing workload, based on peak processing times
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent written communication and oral communication skills
· Exemplary customer service skills; ability to de-escalate tension
You must score a minimum rating of 25 on the exam which will assess whether you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. There are also extra credit questions which, depending on your answer, may improve your overall exam score. Your resume and work history must support the answers you provide. Notification of your test results will be available online.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Boise State University under "Agencies"
- Full Time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, complete/update all items in the Application Checklist. (This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type.) Without this information your name cannot be referred to the hiring Agency.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. Click here to read the Boise State University Safety Report.
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please click here
Boise State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Boise State University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. As a federal contractor, the University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. View Boise State's complete Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact Human Resources at 208-426-1616.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Boise State University!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.