Idaho Transportation Department3311 W. State St., P.O. Box 7129
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Technical Records Specialist 1, Driver Services
Technical Records Specialist 1
Open for Recruitment: April 17, 2017 - May 1, 2017
Announcement # 01104050502
$13.37 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Idaho Transportation Department
Our Mission: Your Safety. Your Mobility. Your Economic Opportunity
Are you interested in working for an award-winning state agency with a Constructive Culture?
ITD has defined a Constructive Culture as a results-driven work environment where all employees treat each other with respect, develop themselves personally and professionally, support team efforts, and are accountable for their actions. Many efforts including leadership coaching and training are taking place to grow ITD’s Constructive Culture. This opening may be your opportunity to use your knowledge and skills and to also help promote a Constructive Culture at of Idaho Transportation Department (ITD).
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is recruiting for someone with exceptional customer service skills for a Technical Records Specialist 1 position in our Driver Services Unit. This position is located at our headquarters office in Boise. If you have previously applied for Technical Records Specialist 1 position and would like to be considered for the current opening, you must reapply under this announcement.
ITD Driver Services Unit assists county Division of Motor Vehicle offices and the general public with technical and database issues, reviews documents, researches and resolves licensing and identification card issues, and approves license issuances.Duties also include analyzing and explaininglaws, rules, and regulations.
This position requires strong customer service skills as they are in constant communication with internal and external customers via phone, email and occasionally in-person.
Notice: This position requires a criminal background investigation before a final job offer is made.Responsibilities:
- Reviews, evaluates, approves, and processes records and/or documents;
- Extensive customer service over the phone explaining requirements, processes, and procedures to customers;
- Maintains a manual or computerized records system; performs related work;
- Gathers information, make decisions, resolve problems, and respond to inquiries that involves an extensivein-depth knowledge of the program;
- Utilizes independent judgment and discretion as to the methods, policies, and procedures used to complete assignments;
- Conducts involved searches which may require accessing and selecting multiple information sources or contact with clients, vendors, or outside sources to obtain information.
- Monitoring a records system to identify and correct errors;
- Researching a variety of sources to resolve problems;
- Interpreting, explaining and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments;
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system.
Your application materials will be reviewed and a rating assigned.
Applicants must receive a minimum rating of 62 to pass this examination.
Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist, the minimum qualifications screening exam (Part 1), and the online multiple-choice written exam (Part 2) for this position.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Idaho Transportation Department under "Agencies"
- Full Time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
Hiring Lists: If your name has been certified to a hiring list for possible consideration, you will see it listed in the Hiring Lists section of your online application. Supervisors review application materials prior to scheduling interviews. Those applicants who will be offered an interview may receive a phone call, letter or email to schedule a time. Be sure your contact information is up to date and accurate. Having your name certified to a hiring list is not a guarantee that you will be contacted for an interview; it simply means you may be considered for an interview. When updating your online application information, you must complete/update all items in the Application Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, Job Type. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency. Thank you for your interest in employment with the Idaho Transportation Department!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.