Idaho Transportation Department3311 W. State St., P.O. Box 7129
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Technical Records Specialist 1
Open for Recruitment: April 12, 2017 - April 26, 2017
Announcement # 01104038347
$13.37 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Idaho Transportation Department
Our Mission: Your Safety. Your Mobility. Your Economic Opportunity
Are you interested in working for an award-winning, dynamic, professional state agency? This opening may be your opportunity to use your administrative and customer service skills to promote the mission of Idaho Transportation Department (ITD). The Idaho Transportation Department is recruiting for a Technical Records Specialist 1 position supporting District 2 at our Lewiston office. This incumbent will provide a wide variety of secretarial support functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and timekeeper functions. This incumbent will also be the liaison between management, other organizational units, and external and internal customers.
If you have previously applied for Technical Records Specialist 1 and would like to be considered for the current opening, you must reapply under this announcement.
- Responsible for greeting external customer walk-ins and answering/transferring incoming phone calls to main office line;
- Perform accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks;
- Prepare all district correspondence, including letters, mail merges, labels and stuffing of envelopes;
- Assist district employees as Timekeeper for timesheets which includes answering questions, verifying hours, and making payroll corrections;
- Review and process documents;
- Maintain a manual or computerized records system;
- Gather information, make decisions, resolve problems, and respond to inquiries;
- Utilize independent judgment and discretion as to the methods, policies, and procedures used to complete assignments;
- Conduct involved searches which may require accessing and selecting multiple information sources or contact with clients, vendors, or outside sources to obtain information;
- Perform specialized support work that involves an extensive in-depth knowledge of the program;
- Review, evaluate, approve, and process records and/or documents.
Monitoring a records system to identify and correct errors
Researching a variety of sources to resolve problems
Interpreting, explaining and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments
Entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system
Experience/Education: You will receive a score based on your answers
You must receive a minimum rating of 58 to pass this examination
Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete
All answers to the questions on the checklist must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Idaho Transportation Department under "Agencies"
- Full Time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Lewiston under "Cities"
If your name has been certified to a hiring list for possible consideration, you will see it listed in the Hiring Lists section of your online application. Supervisors review application materials prior to scheduling interviews. Those applicants who will be offered an interview may receive a phone call, letter or email to schedule a time. Be sure your contact information is up to date and accurate. Having your name certified to a hiring list is not a guarantee that you will be contacted for an interview; it simply means you may be considered for an interview. When updating your online application information, you must complete/update all items in the Application Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, Job Type. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency. Thank you for your interest in employment with the Idaho Transportation Department!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.