Idaho Transportation Department3311 W. State St., P.O. Box 7129
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Technical Records Specialist 1
Open for Recruitment: April 11, 2017 - April 25, 2017
Announcement # 01104033627
$13.37 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Idaho Transportation Department
Our Mission: Your Safety. Your Mobility. Your Economic Opportunity
The Idaho Transportation Department is recruiting for a Technical Records Specialist 1 position supporting District 4 in our Shosone office. This incumbent will provide a wide variety of secretarial support functions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable. The successful incumbent will have excellent time management skills, extreme attention to details, and the ability to rapidly shift priorities. We are seeking someone who can recognize what work needs to be done and prioritize independently. An innovative individual who can recognize when things can be streamlined will succeed in this position.
If you have previously applied for Technical Records Specialist 1 and would like to be considered for the current opening, you must reapply under this announcement.
Notice: A background check may be required before a final offer of employment is extended.
- Responsible for frontline customer service, i.e. greeting external customer walk-ins and answering/transferring incoming phone calls to main office line; scheduling;
- Coordinate all district travel arrangements and process all district travel reimbursements;
- Perform accounts payable, accounts receivable and auditing of invoices, verification of accurate budgetary coding;
- Prepare district correspondence, maintain district suspense log of required/tracked responses;
- Review and process construction payment documents as needed;
- Maintain a manual or computerized records system;
- Gather information, make decisions, resolve problems, and respond to both internal and external inquiries;
- Utilize independent judgment and discretion as to the methods, policies, and procedures used to complete assignments, ability to multi-task, and must have good organizational skills;
- Conduct involved searches which may require accessing and selecting multiple information sources or contact with clients, vendors, or outside sources to obtain information;
- Perform specialized support work that involves an extensive in-depth knowledge of the departments programs;
- Review, evaluate, approve, and process records and/or documents.
Monitoring a records system to identify and correct errors
Researching a variety of sources to resolve problems
Interpreting, explaining and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments
Entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system
Experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook;
Experience processing accounts payable and receivable;
Excellent customer service skills.
Your application materials will be reviewed and a rating assigned.
Applicants must receive a minimum rating of 56 to pass this examination.
Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete.
When completing your online application information, please select:
- Idaho Transportation Department under "Agencies"
- Full Time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Shosone under "Cities"
If your name has been certified to a hiring list for possible consideration, you will see it listed in the Hiring Lists section of your online application. Supervisors review application materials prior to scheduling interviews. Those applicants who will be offered an interview may receive a phone call, letter or email to schedule a time. Be sure your contact information is up to date and accurate. Having your name certified to a hiring list is not a guarantee that you will be contacted for an interview; it simply means you may be considered for an interview. When updating your online application information, you must complete/update all items in the Application Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, Job Type. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency. Thank you for your interest in employment with the Idaho Transportation Department!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.