Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 790, 2270 Old Penitentiary Road
WEBSITE:If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Dairy Industry Inspector
Agriculture Investigator, Senior
Open for Recruitment: March 7, 2017 - March 28, 2017
Announcement # 00375049210
$18.49 per hour
-Plus Competitive Benefits!
Location(s): Magic Valley
"Serving consumers and agriculture by safeguarding the public, plants, animals and the environment through education and regulation."
This position serves the inspection needs of Animal Industries; specifically animal health and dairy inspection in the Magic Valley.
- Promotes awareness and acceptance of best management practices related to consumer protection, animal health, food production and processing, marketing laws, regulations and standards
- Provides training and information to the public, growers, dealers, and manufacturers
- Responds to inquiries regarding program requirements
- Assists other investigators in monitoring, evaluating, inspecting and investigating agricultural and commercial activities to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, regulations and standards
- Receives training to collect evidence in accordance with law, rule, policy, quality assurance, and chain of custody procedures
- Learns to evaluate extent of damage and risk of continued out-of-compliance activities to humans, plants, animals, the economy and the environment
- Explains findings and rationale for corrective actions to parties involved
- Participates in enforcement actions, citations, and operating or marketing authorization revocations and suspensions
- Compiles evidence and participates with division staff in preparing cases
- Work experience preparing narrative reports
- Good knowledge of livestock (beef, dairy or equine), milk processing facilities, or environmental compliance experience relating to animal production
- This position requires a valid driver's license
- Good knowledge of processing plants
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
Checklist with supporting documentation. You will receive a score based on your responses to the checklist, provided those responses are supported by the additional information you provide. All responses must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application. You must receive a minimum rating of 100 to pass this examination. Exam results are available online when the review process is completed. To preview the examination click on Preview Exam below. You will not be able to apply from this screen - please follow the directions under "How to Apply".
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When completing your online application information, please select/add:
- Department of Agriculture under "Agencies"
- Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift"
- Magic Valley under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. Without this information your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency. Items in the Application Checklist to include:
- Personal Information
- Work History
- Job type
Candidates who reach the final hiring stage will be required to participate in a criminal background check. Having a criminal record will not automatically eliminate applicants from consideration, but may be considered as part of the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in the Idaho Department of Agriculture!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off
may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition,
preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and
regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements,
please contact the Division of Human Resources.